lvl 12 juggernaut 5/5
lvl 9 wolverine astonishing 1/1/1
lvl 8 hawkeye 3/0/1
lvl 6 cap america 1/2/2
lvl 6 magneto marvel now 3/0/1
lvl 6 daken 2/2
lvl 6 moonstone 1/1/2
lvl 6 bullseye 2/0

I have 200 hero points, and about 8000 ISO, and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

1. I realize that my modern storm really is not an ideal build. I actually do like her red since it is so cheap and can cause cascades which feed the team, but ideally I would want her to be a 5/5/3. I see her used a lot even on higher level teams, and she really is one of the scariest heroes once her green goes off. I currently have 3 of her green cards and one of her grey cards. Should I sell her and try to rebuild her? I hear people saying to just move on and work on 2*, but really I don't think I have enough cards for my 2* to make them worth while right now. Classic storm is nice, especially for her blue.. but her green really doesn't seem to be as efficient as modern storm.

2. I think I am missing a tank. Again I notice that many of the scariest teams have either Juggernaut or Venom at a high level. Juggernaut in particular does a lot of damage and can take a lot of hits, as well as using his cheap board clearer. Should I try to max one of those out, or.. alternatively wait it out and try to work on my 2*?

3. If I am to work on venom, should I get his last purple? It seems that the cheap purple attack is just great, and the synergy with spiderman (which I don't have yet unfortunately) is just great.

4. Are there any heroes on my list that I really don't need? Especially if I get any new heroes, as adding roster space is getting expensive. I don't particularly like captain america or invisible woman, although when I first got invis woman she was helpful when my other heroes were down for PVE events.

Comments

• 1. While your storm isn't ideal, the difference is minor and I wouldn't bother rebuilding her. You won't be using her too much later on anyways.

2. IM35 should be your tank ATM, and Thor can replace him once you get a few more covers and levels. Jugg and venom are too limited later on, so usually not worth the ISO investment.

4. If you need slots, hawkeye is a good candidate to toss.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your goal right now should be to try to transition into 2*s given your current roster.

1. Rebuilding modern storm doesn't really help you do that, so I would hold off on that. While M. Storm can be a good niche character to use in your 2* team, shes horrible on defense so I never do.

2. Wait it out. IM35 is your tank.

3. I wouldn't put anymore iso into Venom due to the transitioning thing. The spider-man combo is cute, but again, you paint a huge target on yourself for defense, which is becoming increasingly more important.

4. So this is a matter of what your goals are. If you want to eventually have the best roster (which takes months of dedicated playing), then keeping the IW is desirable due to how rare her cover is. Functionally speaking, she isn't going to do anything for you for months to come, so she is dead weight right now. I would prioritize getting rid of your lesser used 1*s, so juggernaut and hawkeye should go. You might think that its a waste of that many covers, but standard tokens are given out like candy during PvE events, so you can rebuild them later if you want.

I would focus on getting covers for O. Black Widow / Thor / A. Wolvie / C. Storm in that order and transition into 2*s. Ideally your 2* team would be the first 3 minus C. Storm, but C. Storm works in a pinch as a replacement for Widow or Wolvie (since your Thor is probably going to be completed before the other 3).
  • The hawkeye I have isn't the 1*, but the modern. I got rid of Juggernaut as I really have never used him and don't like the fact that he damages himself (despite the fact that he is annoying to fight).

When you say try to build covers of my 2*, would you say that at this point it is more important to spend hero points on the daily deals for 2* packages than increasing roster size?

Also, as to venom, I'm fine with leaving him at the level he is. However, do you think it is worth giving him that last pink cover, or keeping him at 5/4? Ultimately I realize that venom will probably be just be a means to an end and will eventually become useless, but right now he can be useful even without spending any more ISO on him.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CeeEssGee wrote:
    The hawkeye I have isn't the 1*, but the modern. I got rid of Juggernaut as I really have never used him and don't like the fact that he damages himself (despite the fact that he is annoying to fight).

When you say try to build covers of my 2*, would you say that at this point it is more important to spend hero points on the daily deals for 2* packages than increasing roster size?

Also, as to venom, I'm fine with leaving him at the level he is. However, do you think it is worth giving him that last pink cover, or keeping him at 5/4? Ultimately I realize that venom will probably be just be a means to an end and will eventually become useless, but right now he can be useful even without spending any more ISO on him.

I personally would increase my roster size until I am able to accomodate every single 2-4* character. You could imagine how bad it feels to trash a 2*/3* character only to have them featured in the next tournament or something. That being said, if you want to accelerate into the 3* tier, tokens are probably better since you are extremely level cap constrained in the 2* tier, so daily deal heroic tokens should get you a couple of key covers that you need (although it is a lottery so it might just be a waste of HP). I like less variance, so would go for the roster slot option.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi CeeEssGee,

I was asking myself the same kind of questions. So I took all the information from the wiki and compiled a spreadsheet to help me visualize how best to synergize my characters.

I posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3465

Direct link to the google doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W1yL ... sp=sharing
  • I sort of agree with having an expansive roster. For a while, you should really only be spending HP on roster slots. Even shields aren't really worth the bang for the buck early on because you'll end up with covers you have no room for. I'm kind of at a place where I'm transitioning to shielding and building up my 3*'s so I'm starting to spend quite a bit of HP on shields. I have a spot for every 3* (though many are still 1 or 2 covers), IW****, and most of the 2*'s worth mentioning (no bagman, captain A, Magneto or Daken). The only 1*'s I'm holding onto are mStorm and mWidow. I have thrown out a TON of CapA covers, but I feel like I can get them back, pretty much any time (heroic tokens seem to only give me CapA covers icon_rolleyes.gif ). So I'm starting to throw 150 HP per tourney in shields to get covers I don't have/want instead of constantly grabbing new slots. Eventually I'll probably open up a slot for XForce Wolverine and one or two of the other 2*'s but I don't see Magneto or Daken being featured anytime soon, and even a buffed Bagman is still terrible.