Caltrops!

Obligatory moaning....

Caltrops! There's something wrong with a Marvel game full of villains and powerful characters whereby the most damage you take is from little spikes dropped by a faceless ninja!

Oh well, it makes the matches a bit more tense - and a mad rush to kill off those goons first. It's puzzle-ish I suppose.

At least let Professor X drive his awesome wheels over them for no damage!

Comments

• There is also a bug. When caltrops fires when you make the match that kills the enemy (can't recall his name, kishu?). The order of operations is messed up there. The fatal match should disable the trap.
  • Damn explosive caltrops! Good point. I was gonna launch into bare foot versus shoe-wearing if caltrops were just spikes. Poor Hulk, Beast etc icon_e_sad.gif

They could then offer the option for Prof X to have his hover chair icon_e_smile.gif

It could be a secondary power like Old Man Logan has. When he gets all raged up, he discards his primitive wheels for next gen hover chair!
  • Yes, dying Kishu getting you with caltrops on the fatal blow is frustrating.
    Can't remember if it's a confirmed bug or working as intended!

Hopefully a bug, and Devs should hot fix it...please!
  • Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    God I hate kishu and his caltrops. Add some turn to smoke too, although you can actually see those.
  • I think I'd rather have kishu and the lame caltrops firing after death feature than gorgon, wolvie, red feeder goon....

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I just hate that there's no reminder for the caltrops. The notification often goes unnoticed and i go about my match thinking nothing's wrong and step into them. That's pretty ninja and all but still frustrating as a game mechanic. If there was a little caltrop symbol (preferably below the ninja portrait who casted them, so we'd know who to kill) there'd be a lot less frustration about them.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to hate hearing this kind of advice, but Cyclops + Steve + Kamala (Cyc fills the role of Steve's red battery; sub IM40 if you'd rather). Steve's even boosted for this event. You won't care about Caltrops or anything else, because once Steve's shields start flying, Kamala will heal every bit of damage you take, and his blue protect tiles mitigate a lot of it anyway.

If you're still in 2* realm, yeah, Caltrops just plain suck. I remember.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a reason I hate this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got a legendary token from it last time but so much hate.
  • Would it make anyone feel better if it were re-named appropriately for the amount of damage it does?
    like "Landmine"
    I'm only asking because I seriously doubt anything is going to be done about it.

I guess we should be grateful (?) its mechanics aren't that of Fury's blue. I guess...
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:

How? EotS hasn't been up since Legendary tokens were introduced yet lol. This is the first time.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    JordonLee wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

How? EotS hasn't been up since Legendary tokens were introduced yet lol. This is the first time.
    Forget it, he's rolling...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Last EoTS was a 4* release event i think.. i am old, memory may be fading.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Last EoTS was a 4* release event i think.. i am old, memory may be fading.

It was Ant Man, in July. And it was before the Legendary Tokens.
  • JordonLee wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Only legendary players could get them then.
  • defixu
    defixu Posts: 32
    Just try to remember the pain from when you last time you steppes on a rogue lego without wearing shoes. Now imagine the pain that something explicitly designed to be painful when stepped on would cause. Looking at this way, caltrops' damage seems apt.
  • Malcrof
    6033bc00c20e5e79b72129e3c964e3a972c7bc330219d4bdf87caf246e916e55_1.jpg

Edit: I just found and posted the meme, i did not create it, apparently they are Danish.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    When there are 2 Kishu, I wish there was a way to tell which one cast the caltrops.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    EOTS last ran in August -- IIRC it was the one of the last events before Legendary tokens arrived.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Germany? Lego is Danish, not sure how Germany enters the equation.
  • Malcrof
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Germany? Lego is Danish, not sure how Germany enters the equation.

I just found the meme, i did not create it.. just like this one:

M1a36xV.jpg