Red Hulk's Purple/Pink bugged?

I've now seen this a few times while I was actually actively looking for it, sooo…

Playing the current Red Hulk PvP, I went through all my seeds and a couple "real" fights and noticed something odd.

I intentionally waited to use Red Hulk's Purpink special until the enemy team had almost enough green to use their green special, and each time, I ended up with only 1 green AP, while the enemy team did indeed have 0 directly after I used the move.

If I'm understanding the power correctly, am I not supposed to end up with whatever green the enemy team had +1 at a single cover?

DBC

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, he always reduces the enemy team's green to zero and creates a varying amount of green ap for you. The amount created depends on the number of purple covers he has.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    If you read the ability, it says "Drains the enemy team of all Green AP and generates 1 of his own Green AP."

Draining AP is not the same as Stealing AP. Compare to the wording of characters like Original Black Widow- "She steals 3 AP of each color except Purple."

In short, drain is not the same as steal. No bug here.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SirLanik wrote:
    If you read the ability, it says "Drains the enemy team of all Green AP and generates 1 of his own Green AP."

Draining AP is not the same as Stealing AP. Compare to the wording of characters like Original Black Widow- "She steals 3 AP of each color except Purple."

Actually, there is an issue here, in that "drain" doesn't always mean the same thing. Look at Blade's Nightstalker skill.

When the description uses "steal", "reduce", or "destroy" AP, you know exactly what it will do, but "drain" is applied inconsistently. They should probably just remove drain from all descriptions.
  • Looks like some writers up in HQ need a few semantics lessons. icon_e_wink.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:
    SirLanik wrote:

Actually, there is an issue here, in that "drain" doesn't always mean the same thing. Look at Blade's Nightstalker skill.

When the description uses "steal", "reduce", or "destroy" AP, you know exactly what it will do, but "drain" is applied inconsistently. They should probably just remove drain from all descriptions.

Exactly, made worse by the fact that outside the PvP, he ends up with some amount of green larger than 1, but inside it's always 1. Perhaps because he's one cover? Confusing, regardless.

DBC
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The enemy's green AP is reduced to 0. You gain only the amount that his ability text says he "generates" - 1 AP at level 1, 2 at 2, 3 at 3, 4 at 4, 7 at 5.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you were using him in some of the PVE intro nodes where you get a well-covered loaner, you were probably getting 7 AP per use. The pvp loaners always come with 1 cover.