Character ranking Oct 15 - opinion of selected few

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    been using this thread for reference for a while - thank you atomzed for doing this. love this kind of stuff.

have one question about one that sticks out as interesting to me. I figured 3torch to be a good 10-12 places higher than the list has him. from a 4* players perspective I can certainly see how little torch might bring to the table, but among 3* damage dealers, I like him much higher than that. I personally have him just outside the top tier at the top of the mid-tier, instead of the bottom - but maybe I have him too high in my head.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I figured 3torch to be a good 10-12 places higher than the list has him. from a 4* players perspective I can certainly see how little torch might bring to the table, but among 3* damage dealers, I like him much higher than that. I personally have him just outside the top tier at the top of the mid-tier, instead of the bottom
    Anyone who's played today's DDQ4 would agree with you.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    simonsez wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I figured 3torch to be a good 10-12 places higher than the list has him. from a 4* players perspective I can certainly see how little torch might bring to the table, but among 3* damage dealers, I like him much higher than that. I personally have him just outside the top tier at the top of the mid-tier, instead of the bottom
    Anyone who's played today's DDQ4 would agree with you.
    Don't forget a buffed L270 HT is a different beast altogether. The list is based on all characters being unbuffed. When not buffed, HT's health is his biggest weakness, and you can usually take him down before he gets his red (his biggest threat) off. AI doesn't play his green well, and his black is expensive.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:
    Don't forget a buffed L270 HT is a different beast altogether. The list is based on all characters being unbuffed. When not buffed, HT's health is his biggest weakness, and you can usually take him down before he gets his red (his biggest threat) off. AI doesn't play his green well, and his black is expensive.
    "AI doesn't play him well" should never be a consideration. You will lost 90%+ of your PvP matches, and defensive wins gain you nothing anyway.
    Yes, his health is low, but there are plenty of 3*s with similar or worse health that got rated higher.
    Yes, he was buffed, but he was facing a 4*. 3* vs. 3*, unbuffed, I think he would fare very well against most.