Stalled 4* transition help

Daeft
Daeft Posts: 20
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Hey folks, I need your help. I'm a little ways into my 4* transition but since I'm finding less and less time to PvE/P grind (pesky life interrupting) I'm trying to decide where to spend the HP I bought during the last anniversary sale.

I have enough to buy 10 4* covers (25825 hp) plus an extra 162912 iso to jump start things.
I've got a pretty stolid 3* list (optimized Panther, Daken, doom, IF, Loki, Cage, mags, Steve, hood, hulk Thor, patch), mostly from pvp (before the removed mmr) and filled out with Deadpool daily (blessed be).

Here's what I've got:
Invisible woman 1/5/2 138
Wolverine 2/1/3 131
Nick fury 1/4/1 115
Electra 3/1/1 115
Thor 1/1/3 115
Star lord 1/2/0 70
Ant-man 1/0/0 70
Kingpin 0/0/1 70

As briefly mentioned I haven't been doing well in pvp since the rise of the 4*s and the change to matchmaking. So I'm assuming my future cover gains will come from DD.

Despite the fact I've missed the Thor boat this round, I assume she is the best chance I have to scarecrow other 3* players.

But what do you think? Should I save up until I have a 1/1/1 jean/iceman/kingpin/hulk buster?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that 4thor is your best option, but I would never recommend whaling out a bottom half 4* character unless you just really want to (would have to have plenty of disposable income and really love the character). any of the ones you mentioned would be much, much better. many times 3*s can still make it to 1K pts. especially if a good black is boosted (Cyclops, cage, panther) to pair with fist. next week fist is boosted, so using him and cycling through the black users or if a decent black user if featured, throw him with witch and go to town. you might need a shield or 2 but 1K is definitely still reachable with 3*s. 1K in pvp is my main source of 4* covers over the last few months. I've added some with ddq, 1300 and pve, but not nearly as many as 1K has gotten me.