Non-payment roster advice.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey, guys. I'm playing MPQ for about two months with mediocre results (a couple of top-5 finishes, handful of top-15 and a lot of top-40s in PVPs)
My roster:
1*
MStorm 5/4/4 lvl 50
IM35 5/5/3 lvl 50
2*
Ares 4/4/5 lvl 85
OBW 5/3/5 lvl 85
AWolv 5/3/5 lvl 85 (victim of the funbalance)
CStorm 3/2/3 lvl 45
OBW 3/2/2 lvl 34 (rebuliding to 3/5/5 version as it's better suited for my style of play)
Cap'n America 3/5/4 lvl 12
Daken 3/0 lvl 6
Moonstone 2/4/2 lvl 6 (I see some potential in her)
3*
Rag 2/2 lvl 38
Spidey 0/2/2 lvl 38
Patch 2/1/2 lvl 30
DDevil 0/0/2 lvl 25
IM40 0/2/0 lvl 25
Hulk 2/0/0 lvl 28
Punisher 2/0/1 lvl 25
DDoom 1/0 lvl 15
Loki 1/0 lvl 15
CMagneto 0/1/0 lvl 15
4*
WolvX 0/2/0 lvl 46
IW 2/0/0 lvl 30

In what direction should I go? Maybe I should sell some 3* covers for value to level up?
I currently have not-so-much hp and fully cleared prologue.

Comments

• Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    I'd hold onto the 3-star covers. They're worth more in your roster in the long run than what you would get from selling them. You're doing fine; just play whatever events you feel like, getting as much ISO as you can. (And you're definitely right to want a rebuilt OBW - that healing skill is important.) Ares / Wolverine / OBW should make a fine PVP event team, even if you do have a pre-nerf cover distribution for Wolverine; that yellow skill is far from useless even if 5/5/3 is currently considered a better build.
  • You seem to be doing fine and at the 2* team -> 3* team transition point. Just keep participating in PvP and PvE events and earn more 3* covers. Depending on which covers you get and your playing style you can start pumping ISO into building your 3* chars, for example both Patch and Punisher are great choices to start your transition with.
  • Yea, all you can really do is keep plugging away with your best 2 star characters. Collect rewards/tokens and hope for some good luck RNG. It might take months to see some progress though.

Also, don't get suckered into buying anymore cover slots to take in new characters. Save that HP to buy individual covers of 3 star characters you want to use.
  • Ok, thanks, I probably got that.
    Now then, should I spend HP on Heroic tokens (or Event tokens)?
    Or I should keep my hp exclusively for level-uping (presumably Spidey and Patch)?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I'm trying to hold onto my HP for roster slots as much as possible.
    They're going to continually put new chars into the game so if you're a bit of a collector you'll want more roster space.
  • For HP I would say:
    1. Make sure you have enough roster slots
    2. Save them for shields in tournaments to get the ranking and covers you need
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would spend hp on maxing out roster slots, you never know when theyrr going to do some weird tournament like dark avenegers and you realize that you need a random daken or something. Iso is the limiting factor in the end game anyways, so you shouldnt need to spend too much hp on covers.