let's talk about corporate sponsorship.

Heartburn
Heartburn Posts: 527
Corporate sponsorship is usually the bane of free to play games if it isn't done correctly. I have been thinking how it can be done right. Some things we all need hp, roster slots, Iso, health packs, and new events maybe exclusive character like boster gold.

They can have offers pop up like share rewards with an active now or save for later, save for later goes into an inbox on the front screen, minimally intrusive if you are not going to participate. To redeem the offer enter code on product. They can also redeem for lesser General rewards of your choosing if you don't want the specific offer or don't have one queued.

How good do the rewards need to be for them to be worthwhile? For general rewards need to be at least 150 HP, 3000 Iso, 7 health packs, or a roster slot as maybe taking 3 as many to receive and exclusive hero taking 6 per cover for like a 3 star more higher star ranks.

For the specific rewards could be like 300 HP, 5000 Iso, 2x boost to Iso for 2 hours, add 1 to max health packs, reduce health pack regeneration to 15 mins for 4hours, unlimited health pack for 1 hour (leaves you full after), reroll token up to 2 times, double next token pull (take advantage on premium rewards or when cleaning vault out), have the computer play a round for you instantly(maybe when hopping or end of event but you need to trust the computer yikes) a roster slot, premium boost/teamups and maybe a voted character.

We can also have events sponsored for free for all with a bunch of nodes on a recycled map with a 4star or two code entry to enter for better rewards like a legendary token.

If they did it this way it may be workable. What do you think? What products would you like to see. I don't drink much soda but wouldn't mind getting a Dr Pepper or Canada Dry Ginger ale for the codes. Or one from a place like subway or even Buffalo Wild Wings.

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Only if it is 100% optional, with NO POP UP! I don't want to have to close a pop up after every battle until I redeem whatever is available.

Just have a little tab at the top for offers that turns green when there is an available offer. When you select it out opens the pop up to the video/survey/whatever the offer is.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coming soon:
    Enemy of the State Farm
    Thick as Charmin Ultra-soft
    Pass the Hunt's
    Prodigal Sun Chips
    Deadpool vs. MPQ brought to you by Taco Bell
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I got a free 500 ISO bump from a promotion sponsored by Stark Industries, and within 24 hours my phone was actively trying to drop a moderate-sized Central European town onto the ground from 50,000 feet in the air....
  • I, personally, think this is a terrible idea for several reasons.

Foremost, I think I speak for most players in that I play because I enjoy the puzzling and collection of the game and it is one of the few f2p games (or even apps for that matter) that doesn't throw adds at me all the time. I can sit down and grind for an hour and never have to look at some garbage slot machine game (read:scam) that they are pushing.

Secondly! Your reward structure is wayyy off. Look at the actual cost of what you are pitching. 200 HP is $2. There's no way you can reasonably ask that they give you that equivalent of cash because you spent $10 on soda or $30 on wings.

And finally, have you seen the types of vendors that actually use these things? I played clash of clans for a short period years ago and looked at participating in some of their offers until I read through them and concluded probably 50% of the redirect sites would offer gems and some sort of malware.

Apologies if this comes off as harsh. Really enjoy reading forums and hearing all the ideas (complaining) people have, but please devs, do not disrupt the current status quo with even more irritating ****.

P.S. If a shield hop resulted in -200 pts in PVP due to a pop up for fanta. I'd blow a gasket.

Cheers
    rpmck
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for your post OP. This has got resurrect the downvote button and bring some sanity back to the forums.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Hahaha I pictured it like hulk has a beer logo on his pants, or magneto has a gas station logo on his helmet. NASCAR or soccer style.

Or just those games that let you watch ads for in game currency.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Wendy's hat on Squirrel girl please.

Apron and greasy chin for Burger Kingpin too. Oh and with a chefs hat he could be chef boyardee.

Rainbow AP boosts sponsored by Skittles.

Very nice. But when I read the thread topic, I thought it was going to be about corporate sponsorhip for alliances, like corporations do for sports teams/venues. So DeadpoolsTacos gets a sponsorship from Taco Bell, and that company is allowed to purchase HP for that alliance's members, for the trade-off of some prime Taco Bell advertising when they appear on the alliance leaderboard.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    A game that I can think of that did this pretty okay was Peggle Blast. Basically there would occasionally be week long set of separate events that were sponsored by a specific company (Progressive Insurance did one) and like, there weren't blatant advertisements, like pop-ups or anything, but you could watch an ad for extra lives or power ups, and the levels were kinda themed for the company (like Flo was the character and you had a character power for her in those stages).

All in all it was pretty nice because they levels were relatively easy and gave some decent power-up prizes, and the extra lives were easy to accumulate because watching a video is simple, but they didn't slam your face in it like some other games.