Moving to the big leagues

In many organised sports, particularly sports where two opposing competitors (or teams) play matches with a winner and a loser, repeated success often moves one team up into the next league where competition is tougher but prizes are better.

MPQ also moves players up "leagues", but doesn't tell players it's doing it, doesn't tell them which league they're in (we have to work out from the forum, or writing down scores whether we're in "vet brackets") and doesn't increase the prizes for players in the highest leagues.

Why?

I was prepared to ignore this in PvE, since an incentive to skip every other PvE or at least take it easy, can be worked to a player's advantage. However, I'm finding that levelling my characters recently has caused a similar sentiment for PvP. I now get tougher matches that take longer, I lose more matches than I used to, and I haven't reached 650 without a shield for 5 events running, when I had been able to enjoy hitting 800 a handful of times and with increasing regularity up until the day I did my levelling. The fact I'm coming off the back of a handful of poor PvP performances, hasn't done anything noticable to fix my matchmaking and restore some fun to that game mode.