New proposed mechanic - board locking

Options
optimiza
optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure if this should go in this forum or the Character Discussion, but I think this would be a pretty crazy mechanic to put in.

As an example -

13 Black
Chaos

Change three selected tiles to black tiles. If the board then becomes locked, target opponent is downed.

2) Can target web and protect tiles.
3) Can target strike and attack tiles.
4) Change four selected tiles to black tiles.
5) Downs the entire enemy team.

Maybe downing a character or team may be a bit harsh, but I think this would trigger even less frequently than Bullseye's Murderous Aim. Thoughts? Which hero/villain would something like this be suitable for? Galactus?

Comments

• Your explanation lacks explanation. You used "locking the board" in your explanation of locking the board lol. Also, there are characters that can lock tiles (autocorrect thought I meant "lick yikes" ...whatever you say autocorrect). on the board (bagman/invisible woman) and characters that lock the whole board for a certain amount of turns (effectively what stuns are). So yea, need a better explanation here to really comment.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He means locking the board as in there are no more valid moves... at least that's what I think.
  • I think what he means is that the board is locked if there are no more available matches. If that's what he means, this skill would be grossly overpowered. Any board with 4 available matches (with a few exceptions) could instantly win you the game with this skill.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't get it icon_question.gif
  • Wolfman wrote:
    I think what he means is that the board is locked if there are no more available matches. If that's what he means, this skill would be grossly overpowered. Any board with 4 available matches (with a few exceptions) could instantly win you the game with this skill.

Yep, the team-down is definitely bummer, possibly if it downed "character with least HP" or something like that rather than target, could work. Needs another name though -- (no escape, sever the routes, paint in the corner... ?)