Make matches unenterable around the >2 minute mark.

Options
I know it might be common sense, but I figured it would tally my additional points that would of gotten me a blue Dr. Doom cover in this Daredevil tournament. However I won that last match just as it turned midnight and I wound up with a black cover that I already have maxed out. Considering that points won after the strike of the hour don't count, why even let people start a match that is just a waste of boosts and time?

Comments

• I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Instead of not allowing people to enter, allow a 5 minute leeway at the end of the tournament. Because D3 wants to slow down all fights, then they should account for that in the PvP and PvE events. Allow people to enter a fight up to the last second of the tournament, but give the players 5 minutes to end their matches and still count towards that tournament. I know that the developers of D3 are smart enough to have a tournament id or event id attached to each fight. They could then check that id to see if the player finished within the the tournament time + 5 minutes and award the points accordingly.
  • One of the real problems here was reported several times and TMK still not addressed: show the remaining time correctly. I still see a few minutes gap here. It's not hard at all to show the time as the server knows it.

Not starting games before end is not a good approach, as we can't tell how long it will be. A warning could be issued that the game must finish in X minutes to count for the score. Also waiting up for a few more minutes to allow ending would be nice and I see no real problem if few is really a small number. (I'd make it 2 minutes).
  • Razzi wrote:
    I know it might be common sense, but I figured it would tally my additional points that would of gotten me a blue Dr. Doom cover in this Daredevil tournament. However I won that last match just as it turned midnight and I wound up with a black cover that I already have maxed out. Considering that points won after the strike of the hour don't count, why even let people start a match that is just a waste of boosts and time?
    Because some people may win faster than you? Also extending time for everyone is just the same as not changing it for everyone at all.