Facebook loads up everytime I restart the game - bug?

notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
Everytime I launch the game, it asks me to sign into facebook. Is that supposed to happen? If it was, I never would've linked my account to facebook. It is really annoying.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    That isn't normal, no. Maybe try logging out and then back into Facebook outside of the game?
  • notamutant
    That isn't normal, no. Maybe try logging out and then back into Facebook outside of the game?

Nope, didn't make a difference.
  • BlackSheep101
    Sorry, I don't use facebook much as I only created an account to use with games. I hope someone else comes along with better advice.
  • notamutant
    Sorry, I don't use facebook much as I only created an account to use with games. I hope someone else comes along with better advice.

Thanks anyhow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Everytime I launch the game, it asks me to sign into facebook. Is that supposed to happen? If it was, I never would've linked my account to facebook. It is really annoying.
    Is this on iOS or Android?
  • notamutant
    DayvBang wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Android.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Android.
    OK, I'll wait for other Android users to tell you if they see the same behavior, or how to avoid it.
  • Right now, it crashes to the home screen of my Android device whenever I try to log into Facebook or access the "HELP" menu from the Android game.
  • Ok, I fixed my problem, and maybe this will fix yours:

I uninstalled Facebook app on the Android device, then re-installed it.

There was an update to Facebook around this time the problem occurred. The new Facebook for Android app had me go through and check my privacy settings and I accidentally turned off authentication to the app for Puzzle Quest. I discovered the problem when I first tried to send a Facebook friend reinforcements and it errored out. I uninstalled the FB app, but I guess if you are going to use Facebook to back up your game and/or play with Facebook friends, it actually has to have the app itself installed. Once I reinstalled, it asked for my authentication again (via phone number) and the issue seemed to fix itself.
  • notamutant
    lws96 wrote:
    Ok, I fixed my problem, and maybe this will fix yours:

I uninstalled Facebook app on the Android device, then re-installed it.

There was an update to Facebook around this time the problem occurred. The new Facebook for Android app had me go through and check my privacy settings and I accidentally turned off authentication to the app for Puzzle Quest. I discovered the problem when I first tried to send a Facebook friend reinforcements and it errored out. I uninstalled the FB app, but I guess if you are going to use Facebook to back up your game and/or play with Facebook friends, it actually has to have the app itself installed. Once I reinstalled, it asked for my authentication again (via phone number) and the issue seemed to fix itself.

Thanks, but I don't have Facebook app on my phone at all. It was too annoying, and I don't want Facebook to have any more information than they already have.
  • notamutant
    Any update from dev? Should I be sending a support ticket in for this, or does this happen to everyone?
  • BlackSheep101
    If this is still happening every time you open the game, open a support ticket.
  • VicVicVic
    VicVicVic Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Was this ever resolved? I started having this problem yesterday. I, too, do not and never had the Facebook app installed on the phone. I've been playing the game for months and this issue started yesterday. Thank you.