Random Tiles question

Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It struck me while playing the Devil Dino PvP that I don't think I have ever had a board 'reset' after a board shaking ability due to having no moves available.

Now maybe with larger board shakers like Hulk or Juggs, the fact that you collapse a board with stacked unmatched tiles leads to potential matches, but with Dino's 6 tile dance, there should have been times when the only match on the board was exhausted. But it never happened.

I don't think I've seen a board 'reset' after a large cascade either. I think I have only seen it after a simple match 3.

Have I just been unlucky in this regard, or is the tile insertion/ ability use algorithm actually biased to prevent board resets?

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know I have seen the board reset after an ability destroys tiles.
  • With destroyed tiles yes, but I've never seen a whole board shuffle after a power rearranges part of the board either.

I did find it funny after Galactus killed us with his board smash that there'd sometimes be insta-matches with the new board.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why? New tile drops yield matches all the time. He's not shuffling the board, he's destroying it.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I've used Steve several times to shuffle the board by throwing his red or blue in order to disrupt the only available match. So I think that is possible for the board to be shuffled after Dino's purple (or any other power).
  • Eddiemon
    I've used Steve several times to shuffle the board by throwing his red or blue in order to disrupt the only available match. So I think that is possible for the board to be shuffled after Dino's purple (or any other power).

But that's targetted, and can't be fudged. I was looking more at whether 'random' effects were fully random or were set to avoid board resetting outcomes.
  • Eddiemon
    I know I have seen the board reset after an ability destroys tiles.

Fair enough. I hadn't which is why I asked a broader audience. Thanks