Where did everyone get their 4* covers from

Options
itstime1234
itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So the more I check other peoples rosters the more I notice how my 4* covers are amongst the worst. Even people with terrible rosters seem to have gotten their hands on 4-5 covers. Seeing as how I poked and prodded my way up the rankings first place was never likely nor is the high end progression reward in PVP.

Yet the only covers I have is 1 wolvie from the hulk tourney being in the top 300 and randomly pulling a lucky IW from a heroic token yesterday. I have no idea how I am so behind the curve on everyone in this area.

Comments

• Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    It could be worse.

The 4 stars could be good for starters . . .

One from the Hulk tourney.
    Two from token pulls.
    One from PVP progression in the first tournament with shields, before you were cloaked while shielded.
    One from another PVP tournament before my MMR started lumping me in with the other insomniacs that grind at 4 am.
  • My three X-force were from token pulls. My IW was from the first event she appeared in as a prize.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 3 X-Force greens from tournies I believe. Or 2, I know I got 2 from The Hulk event.
    I only ever come top of PvE events. Never won a PvP before... so unless there was another PvE event giving out 4* I've got mine all from tokens.

Pretty sure I've got all my IW from tokens. I got 2 green IW pretty close to each other, got a bunch of heroic tokens from the last lightning round and out of 8 or something I got 2 IW, or was it 3?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 3 wolvies were token pulls.
    I IW was a token pull, 2 were from a 10 cover deal.

Never won nuffink
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 2 IW, one from an event and one from a heroic or event token, IIRC.

I have 6 4* Wolverine (2 of each color), only one of which is from an event. The rest are all from tokens, including 2 or 3 from STANDARD tokens. I've had good luck on this guy and am looking forward to the revamp of his abilities.
  • Twysta
    Options
    According to this you can't get X-Force from standard.
    Did they change it or something?
  • I got mine from Tokens. Heroic or event tokens that had 4*s in the mix.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    According to this you can't get X-Force from standard.
    Did they change it or something?
    Maybe I'm misremembering. It's been a while, but I thought standard tokens could get you anything (except very new characters) but had slim odds for the high-value ones.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking about it and thought actually maybe I got it from those early heroic tokens you get from the daily instead of standard tokens for my first one.
    That or they changed it somewhere along the line.
    Sneaky Ninja patch. They'd never do that to us though... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • All 3 of mine were token pulls.

1 X-Force & 1 IW from HRTs and 1 IW from a SRT.

Yeah, I almost dropped the iPad when THAT happened.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Hmm maybe I should use some of the standard recruit tokens I've got stocked up and see if I get lucky then...
    I'm not too inclined to use them as other than Magneto Now I've pretty much got full covers for ever 1 and 2* char and feel it'd be a bit of a waste to use them all right now, sure I get iso... but they're more useful to me as covers... for when there's a new char... or 7.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 5/2/0 wolvie and a 3/0/3 IW: I believe I got 2 green wolvies from Hulk, and the other 10 covers were split from getting 1st in tournaments and getting every single 2400 progression reward back when those were obtainable.
  • I...haven't got a four star cover yet.
    /shameface
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed 2 X-force Wolvie covers fairly early from lucky tokens.

Managed to get my first IW cover from the most recent Best There Is tourney.
    And just now, realised I could quite easily push to 300 points in Blind Justice for a token. I was kinda hoping for a DD cover, but instead a 2nd IW, this time Blue.

I need to go sacrifice some dice to the RNG gods now.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the more I check other peoples rosters the more I notice how my 4* covers are amongst the worst. Even people with terrible rosters seem to have gotten their hands on 4-5 covers. Seeing as how I poked and prodded my way up the rankings first place was never likely nor is the high end progression reward in PVP.

Yet the only covers I have is 1 wolvie from the hulk tourney being in the top 300 and randomly pulling a lucky IW from a heroic token yesterday. I have no idea how I am so behind the curve on everyone in this area.

Since the last 3 weeks, people with terrible rosters have a super easy time getting 4* covers so don't feel bad.
  • Got my first XForce from standard token pull, back when it was possible to do so. (IF it changed) My second was from a tournament win. My only IW was also from a tournament win. Can we no longer gain 4* from standard recruit?
  • I have yet to pull a 4**** beyond my first pull in the entire game (I pulled and restarted mh game about 60 times for that lol...). Some get really lucky. Some buy lots of packs so more heroic etc packs than I. Also. the stupid way they have done tourneys and stufff recently allows low lvls yo get really high scores and beat put higher decks putting in equal effort allowing for newer players to more easily have those "bad covers but 2-4 4****). All my covers have been slowly accumulated over time.

Ihave a 2/1/2 iw and a 5/1/1 wolvie, have thrown out a green even and don't bother trying to win events really unless its either a red/yellow wolvie for first, or a new 3*** cover. Since I have all but 2 black hulks at this point that means I've been getting top 45 or to 15 usually just by reaching 300-400 doing a fee matches in a row. Then playing the last 20-30 min to get a top 45. That way i don't use any shields and maximize my hp earnings. 100 for top 45, 25-50 for covers, 50 for the progress reward. Total 175-200 per an event.

This double shot will be the first event I probably try in in the last month but even then I am not sure I care enough to try for first as I really don't give a foot about getting my iw finished. Her concept is cool, but in the current meta she just doesn't ha e anything all that viable since the green ends her turn, the yellow makes only one rather easily destroyed tile and even then just basically works like Hawkeye's purple unless they are the only one left, and the blue is more work than anything on offense while on def the machine doesn't have any logic involved in how or why it places tiles.
  • I won a green IW from her first event, and then pulled a second green IW from a heroic pack. I'm regularly a top 50 finisher in events where I try to play, but rarely ever top 15. I suspect I'll be at 2 covers for a while.
  • When I was first starting I bought a Heroic 10-Pack. Unbelievably, I got 3 X-Forces, one of each color and an Invisible Woman.

I got another X-Force from a random recruit token (non-heroic)

The other X-Force and IV's I've won in for placing in various events, can't remember which though.
  • I have two IW, green and yellow - one from winning my bracket in the first rage and ruin, one from a heroic token. No X-force wolverines (he's the only character I don't have).