Collecting 5* Marvel Characters

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi there,

after using 25+ (I lost count) legendary tokens and "only" pulling ONE 5* cover (Silver Surfer), I ask myself how long it will take for people not buying 40packs to get a usable 5* character.

I am not complaining about my bad luck (I know that there are even peeps with ZERO 5* pulls). I am not complaining about 5* characters or tokens or odds or whales or whatever.

I am just asking myself if this is really working as intended and whats the intention anyway.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the same boat, +20 token_legendary.png 1 SS cover, mostly 1k iso8.png throwaways
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    At 5% odds something like 300ish tokens to fully cover a 5*. So something like 15-18 months. Of course we know the odds will go to 3.333% soon so even longer. But other things are changing too...so maybe a reasonable amount of time.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    As of today I am 3 for 39.

I calculated I can earn 30 legendaries every 35 days and if the law of averages holds true that means three covers every 35 days.

Playing that game of averages it will take 18 months of perfectly distributed legendary pulls to max all three 5*'s.

I am okay with that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing that game of averages it will take 18 months of perfectly distributed legendary pulls to max all three 5*'s.

I am okay with that.
    Do we think that 18 months will go by and there will still be only three 5*s?
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Your assumption is they don't add any more 5*.

As soon as they add the fourth 5*, your pull rate will drop to 2.5% instead of 3.33% and you need to gather an additional 13 covers.

And knowing the devs, you can fully expect even more 5*s within the next year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we stop calling them 'toons'? Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are not in the game, yet. Thanks
  • "The 5* for the month is Old Man Logan."

this is from Ice's october preview. the keyword is MONTH. a new five star every MONTH. so in 18 MONTHs, you do the math. good luck to all of you.

icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Can we stop calling them 'toons'? Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are not in the game, yet. Thanks

Ok (changed my post), I don't care how those in game characters are called but you do it seems icon_e_wink.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor

Yes, for the love of Odin, please. These are toons.

OsLcl7M6.jpg
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    "The 5* for the month is Old Man Logan."

this is from Ice's october preview. the keyword is MONTH. a new five star every MONTH. so in 18 MONTHs, you do the math. good luck to all of you.

At least someone caught on.

I'm guessing 1 4 and 5 star a month at minimum.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:

From the initial reveal video:
    Will - So we'll be rolling those out at about one a month through November, and after that initial batch of three are out we'll take a look and evaluate and see how people are earning these characters, what the impact on the game has been and then decide what the right rate for 5 stars are going forward.

So no, the math isn't one per month, at least not yet.

They move at a glacial pace, so it will likely be a while before the fourth hits.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Youtube: Captain Joel. He tested how much $$ or covers it'd take to fully cover a Surfer on his sandbox account.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    thanos8587 wrote:

I think this is incorrect. The devs noted that only three 5* will be initially released this year only. They didn't plan out next year yet. So, they are not releasing 18 5*. There is more 4* arriving though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    alvinlal wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:

I think this is incorrect. The devs noted that only three 5* will be initially released this year only. They didn't plan out next year yet. So, they are not releasing 18 5*. There is more 4* arriving though.

There will be a 7 day PVE that will reward the T25 players with a single cover 5* Spiderman (Black Costume).

This will be the first time you can earn a 5* outside of Legendary packs. The event will start on Christmas Day and end on New Years Day. T26-75 will reward Storm (Mohawk) and T76-150 will reward Daredevil.