Working as Intended!

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I thought since it's been a long time since we had a contest that we could do a "working as intended" meme contest.

Winner gets lots of rep points! It's not much, but it's more than they'd give you.

Wd6Maem.png
Hey all,

Wanted to share a few things about how the Demiurge Library book drop works and what we're expecting versus what we're seeing.

To start, it seems like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here, looking at the drop slot through the window similar to how Blockbuster video rentals ran in terms of how things work. Meaning that library book drops should be going down pretty regularly.

Our book drop is different. The glass is there as a minor hazard, but relatively easily can be avoided by going inside and reaching around the corner to blindly drop your books in. Dropping in your books is supposed to be an achievement. You're supposed to miss. Every time you do, you're still going to get some books in the slot. It's an exercise in inflating late fees. Wait, I'm not supposed to say that, am I?

Overall, most of our library patrons have not seen higher late fees. Which is actually better than we were expecting people to get just based on the math. So everyone's doing pretty darned well.

Long story short, you all are doing really well returning your books. Yes, the concept is different. I'm sure most of you aren't used to going into a library with the idea that you may well lose. But given that you're still pulling out wins with pretty strong regularity, I don't see any reason this wouldn't continue forever.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    6Qo1tCc.png
  • udonomefoo
    qvxMMJh.png
    It "feels" like you're getting somewhere, and that's what's important.
  • udonomefoo
    Come on, don't be scared! They haven't banned me for this...yet.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Come on, don't be scared! They haven't banned me for this...yet.

The one moderator who will lock/move the thread isn't online right now, so I think you'll be fine for a little while still.
  • udonomefoo
    DwVtoWO.png
    One of the things we really want to fix is the labels sticking to the non-stick pans. This is something that's been bugging me for a long time and something that we're all aware of that could be improved, but it's just a matter of prioritizing it. If we prioritize fixing this we would have to move something else down the line, which we can't do right now because our new super-deluxe 30 cm non-stick pan is coming out next month and we think you guys are really going to like it.

(Just a friendly reminder, this was their response to the 20 iso question getting the most votes for the Q&A - 3 months ago.)
  • udonomefoo
    denouement wrote:
    pT0N3ry.jpg

Ouch. I gave you an upvote though, so you're currently in 3rd place. Good job!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    denouement wrote:
    pT0N3ry.jpg

Ouch. I gave you an upvote though, so you're currently in 3rd place. Good job!

If we need upvotes to win, but we're "supposed to lose", then winning = losing, so we actually should want less upvotes to lose so that we win.

If only we still had downvotes. I'd probably be winning pretty hard right now.
  • All the pics I can do for this would net me the ban hammer.
  • udonomefoo
    Mawtful wrote:

If we need upvotes to win, but we're "supposed to lose", then winning = losing, so we actually should want less upvotes to lose so that we win.

If only we still had downvotes. I'd probably be winning pretty hard right now.

I gave you one upvote for this terrible post and wish I could give more. Loser.

Splarne wrote:
    All the pics I can do for this would net me the ban hammer.

Aww, you'll never know if you don't try.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    OK, you had your vent. Please keep in mind the devs are people with feelings too.

Please follow forum rules:
      6. Treat your fellow users kindly. We will not tolerate any of the following: a. Trolling, or posting something just to get a rise out of someone. b. Flaming, or insulting / bashing / harassing another user.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.