Rulk animations

Tenaciousdecaf
Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else feel that Rulk's animations for green and purple should be reversed? I like them, but crushing green ice cubes seems awfully passive for dealing massive damage to the entire team and purple is like a crazy frenzy for what is essentially an AP steal.

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree that the animation seems a bit strange.

I would propose to add the first part of his purple ability to the green animation.

So for green, we would see him 1) jump at his opponent and 2) crash the gamma radiation.

For purple we would see him roaring and absorbing radiant energy.
  • atomzed wrote:

I would propose to add the first part of his purple ability to the green animation.

So for green, we would see him 1) jump at his opponent and 2) crash the gamma radiation.

Is that what he's doing with his purple? I always just assumed he had to poo really bad, and said poo after jumping was just so painful he had to scream in rage.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Lacydog69 wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Is that what he's doing with his purple? I always just assumed he had to poo really bad, and said poo after jumping was just so painful he had to scream in rage.

And he screamed "IIII SHOULDN'T HAVE EATEN THOSE HOOOOOOOT WIIIIIIINGS!"
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The description is that he crushes his opponents with the strength of an earthquake. So...he crushes green cubes in the animation?

I agree, his purple move destroys the enemy's green AP, so why isn't crushing green cubes linked to that idea?

And for his green move it could easilly have a dual animation. The jump pounce for under 18AP and the charged squat roar followed by a jump pounce for over 18.

BTW, is it just me or does the crushing cubes animation look like something from Rayman Legends? =P
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    His green animation looks like he Hulked out getting frustrated with a Rubix Cube.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    His green animation looks like he Hulked out getting frustrated with a Rubix Cube.

I thought it was Candy Corn the first time.

And really? Rulk? That's almost as bad as Switch
  • Constipation move is awesome. He's going to poop green cubes to smash with his hands. He's got a chimpanzee type behavior....
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Splarne wrote:
    Constipation move is awesome. He's going to poop green cubes to smash with his hands. He's got a chimpanzee type behavior....
    Might be some wombat in there too.