ETA on new non-competitive PVE?

Options
ClydeFrog76
ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Even a ballpark will do.

The last couple of competitive events were anything but fun, and the constant PVP tourneys are beginning to wear a little thin. It would be nice to be able to play now and then without having to care about where I am in a bracket.

Comments

• You mean like new prologue missions? Doesn't appear to be on the radar at all.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think persistent PvE is being developed at all right now. That being said, I think that the next iteration of "competitive" PvE should be relatively uncompetitive (last PvE just required you to hit top 50 for maximum covers, which is pretty simple to achieve), so hopefully that satiates your needs.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I liked the concept of the heroic PVE they did, but they should have the enemies start of low and escalate everytime you beat them with it resetting everyday at say 6 am. Everyone should be in the same boat too since beginners should be able to win a few rounds before the difficulty gets out of hand.

This would also get rid of the whole play for 2 hours at specific hours to maximize points
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked the concept of the heroic PVE they did, but they should have the enemies start of low and escalate everytime you beat them with it resetting everyday at say 6 am. Everyone should be in the same boat too since beginners should be able to win a few rounds before the difficulty gets out of hand.

This would also get rid of the whole play for 2 hours at specific hours to maximize points

Yup, thats what me and many other forumgoers have been saying for the past couple of weeks. Hopefully they see one of these posts and think about it: it just makes so much more sense than the crazy dynamic scaling that they're trying to make work, and is incredibly easy to implement to boot.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cheers for the responses, guys. Yeah, was kinda hoping for more prologue type missions but realised it was pretty much wishful thinking!

Heroic Mode done right wouldn't be so bad I guess. I'm so with you on the enemy scaling, was a bad joke!

Fingers crossed.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think maybe waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line if we're lucky then maybe.
    Maybe.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I think maybe waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line if we're lucky then maybe.
    Maybe.

So youre saying theres a chance.
  • I would just play it to death on day 1... But i'm also looking forward to some more competitive PvE events as well. Scaling could be better if they ramped up the levels you play to a maximum for THAT LEVEL and have only the biggest of the baddest levels scale all the way to max. Then ramp it down every day, even at midnight EST, like when all the tourneys end, but never put it to original levels, always slightly higher than baseline each time. All this would mean is less playthroughs until you max out each time. New players get something, veterans get more of something. IDK how their current scaling is "supposed" to work, just that at current, it's "not working as intended". As always, I subscribe to the "play more, gain more" motto. Even if that means I don't get the best rewards, I think it would be fair to say the least.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I reckon that if they think it would increase their profitability or interest in the game then they have to put it into consideration.
    And considering there's 25 episodes to be put into the game, it would surely make sense that older eps should be accessible to newer players...

That's just my 2 cents though.