More +AP boost requests

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
Can we get a larger variety of boosts instead of the usual R/Y, G/B, U/P?

It became obvious (well to me) that the three alone just don't cut it.

You'll have some chars (Cyclops) which can use 2xR/Y + 2xAll and start rock'n and rolling right out the gate (or Leg. Thor).

But if you take Psylocke (for her quick attacks) you have to use 2xR/Y+2xAll, and only get 4xR+2xB which she can use, but not 4xR+4xY like Cyclops. Why can't there be R/B boosts to give her the same starting kick as Cyclops?

The same for many other chars (Iron Fist/GSBW w/ G/P)

I don't mind giving rewarding the boosts the same, but allow us to "craft" them for 1xIso, to break down a pair of boosts and reform them into whatever combo we want. Else, if you "break" them for 1xIso, put them in a "lab" and mix them when needed, then I might have a pool of power ups to create what I need to win with the chars I have.

Comments

• Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    This is a great idea. Also a return to +3 ap would be great. This would definitely make the game speedier and therefore better for most of us.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:
    Also a return to +3 ap would be great. This would definitely make the game speedier and therefore better for most of us.
    The developers have been pretty clear that the +3 AP (up to +6 if stacking specific boosts with all-color) made it more difficult to balance skill costs appropriately. I don't expect it to return.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, when you could conceivably down a member of the opposing team before making a single match, that change looks like a good one.