Double ISO and DDQ

mgallop
mgallop Posts: 120
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
One question which I don't think has been answered by red names? Why did we not get double iso from DDQ during the anniversary? The announcement said double ISO in all Story and Versus events except for Prologue. I know there was a mistake meaning no double-ISO in LRs, and we got 5000 ISO compensation for that. There was also no double ISO in DDQ. Given 15 days of DDQ, double ISO as promised would have given a huge chunk of the player based about 50k extra ISO. An explanation for why this didnt happen would be nice (is it "we didnt want everyone to get 10s of thousands of extra ISO? Its probably that.) compensation would be nicer.

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I completely agree. I asked pre-anniversary if ddq would get double iso but got no reply.

I'm very disappointed with how tight they are with iso all round.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's because the Devs feed on the nectar of their players' disappointment.

After 2 years of such disappointment, that's the only thing that I can come up with.

And here I thought they were getting better. Some day they'll realize that giving digital goods away to build good will doesn't cost them anything and will result in more sales. Oops, there I am being hopeful again. They're so good at making people hopeful and then disappointing them.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    For next time: tell us that there will be double iso "in all anniversary events." There, now you don't need to specifically exclude prologue and ddq, and if you forget to flip the switch on lightning rounds you have an out. There won't be questions about whether you'll get double iso from selling covers, etc. etc.

A lot of the problems and ill will could have been greatly mitigated by managing expectations ahead of time.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    For next time: tell us that there will be double iso "in all anniversary events." There, now you don't need to specifically exclude prologue and ddq, and if you forget to flip the switch on lightning rounds you have an out. There won't be questions about whether you'll get double iso from selling covers, etc. etc.

A lot of the problems and ill will could have been greatly mitigated by managing expectations ahead of time.

Or...next time just let us have double Iso for everything. It is an anniversery afterall. ^_^