4* Phoenix Character Idea

Options
I Posted this else where but someone told me it would be better to post it here

Powers popped into my head and wanted to get them out there Feel free to put in your own tweaks

phoenix black ability star eater
level 1: cost 10 black: destroys 10 of the opponents yellow reserves and does X amount of damage per yellow destroyed
level 2: costs 3 more black and destroys 10 red as well
level 3: ups amount destroyed to for both colors 13
Level 4: costs 2 more ups amount destroyed to 15
Level 5: destroys all opponents red and yellow does 10% damage to allies as well

Phoenix: green Passive Resurrection:
level 1: 20 turns after death phoenix rises from the ashes with half health
Level 2: reduces amount of turns by 5
Level 3: reduces turns by 5 more
Level 4: phoenix revives with full health and does half of health damage to allies
Level 5: phoenix destroys all allies on resurrection and gains 2X original life and does 2X oroginal damage

Phoenix red: char to ashes:
level 1: Costs 8 red: phoenix destroys 10 red on the board and gives the enemy 10 ap for each red destroyed and gives 10 (cost counts towards amount given) of your red reserve reserve to the enemy and does X amount of damage for each red ap the enemy just generated.
Level 2: Costs 10 red ups the amount destroyed and taken to 15
Level 3: Costs 12 red Does the same for yellow and ends the turn
Level 4: Costs 15: casumes all you red and yellow
Level 5: Costs 10 destroys one enemy and ends the turn

Comments

• windfallstar
    Options
    Just because an ability uses a color, doesn't mean that you have to use that color for the text...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The green hurts my eyes.
  • point taken colors gone
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also not hugely well read on the Phoenix - I've never really been captivated by the idea - so I might be wrong; sorry in advance. To me it seems that every time someone theorizes Phoenix it becomes a case of "just write down the 3 biggest numbers you can think of, her attacks do that". The Phoenix Force is very much a two-edged sword; it is as much about creation and preservation of life as it is destructive force. It would be easy to make Phoenix a 4* cover with equally devastating powers in three different colours, but I want to try and do something different.
    I'm just going to put down some general descriptions for the abilities for now, I'll come back later and edit in how I think the powers might rank up.

"Phoenix Punch" = Red

This is the big hit power that represents the raw power of the Phoenix Force. It gains strength by level, but becomes more dangerous; that means it should have a kind of "kickback" effect like Hulk's red, which spreads some damage to allies as well.
    At full strength this might be something like: Drains Red, deals X damage per AP, deals 20% as damage to allies.

Healing Power = could be Green or Yellow

If this is just a straight up heal, it should probably be Yellow, however I was thinking it would be more interesting to make it an attack that heals based on how much damage it deals, which would be more in the style of a green type power.
    A full strength this might be something like: Drains Green, deals X damage to each enemy. Heals the weakest ally by an amount equal to damage dealt.

Energy Transferal (Passive) = Black

This represents the Phoenix Force's ability to absorb and redirect energy in the form of a passive that steals AP when hit.
    At full strength this might be something like: When Phoenix is hit by an ability, steal 1 AP of each colour plus 1 each of red, black and green/yellow. In addition, heals self for X for each AP stolen.

Hmm, I got right to the end and realised that adding a heal to the "energy transfer" was a lot more interesting than making an activated heal - particularly because it requires being hit to get healed. So I think I'll rework the middle power to something different. Perhaps something that represents the way in which heroes that come in contact with the Phoenix Force are "changed" (I believe the recent AxM Phoenix arc covers this sort of thing; it's on my to-read list). I'd love to be able to throw ability costs into flux, but I'm fairly certain the code isn't ready to handle that, so I'll probably go with something that generates friendly strike + opposing damage tiles. In this way, it doesn't have as big of a draw back as Patch, but still shows that Phoenix has "powered up" her allies (strikes), but also influenced those who stand against her (damages). Anyway, I've got work for now, I'll come back on later and flesh this idea out a little more.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I'm also not hugely well read on the Phoenix - I've never really been captivated by the idea - so I might be wrong; sorry in advance. To me it seems that every time someone theorizes Phoenix it becomes a case of "just write down the 3 biggest numbers you can think of, her attacks do that". The Phoenix Force is very much a two-edged sword; it is as much about creation and preservation of life as it is destructive force. It would be easy to make Phoenix a 4* cover with equally devastating powers in three different colours, but I want to try and do something different.
    I'm just going to put down some general descriptions for the abilities for now, I'll come back later and edit in how I think the powers might rank up.

"Phoenix Punch" = Red

This is the big hit power that represents the raw power of the Phoenix Force. It gains strength by level, but becomes more dangerous; that means it should have a kind of "kickback" effect like Hulk's red, which spreads some damage to allies as well.
    At full strength this might be something like: Drains Red, deals X damage per AP, deals 20% as damage to allies.

Healing Power = could be Green or Yellow

If this is just a straight up heal, it should probably be Yellow, however I was thinking it would be more interesting to make it an attack that heals based on how much damage it deals, which would be more in the style of a green type power.
    A full strength this might be something like: Drains Green, deals X damage to each enemy. Heals the weakest ally by an amount equal to damage dealt.

Energy Transferal (Passive) = Black

This represents the Phoenix Force's ability to absorb and redirect energy in the form of a passive that steals AP when hit.
    At full strength this might be something like: When Phoenix is hit by an ability, steal 1 AP of each colour plus 1 each of red, black and green/yellow. In addition, heals self for X for each AP stolen.

Hmm, I got right to the end and realised that adding a heal to the "energy transfer" was a lot more interesting than making an activated heal - particularly because it requires being hit to get healed. So I think I'll rework the middle power to something different. Perhaps something that represents the way in which heroes that come in contact with the Phoenix Force are "changed" (I believe the recent AxM Phoenix arc covers this sort of thing; it's on my to-read list). I'd love to be able to throw ability costs into flux, but I'm fairly certain the code isn't ready to handle that, so I'll probably go with something that generates friendly strike + opposing damage tiles. In this way, it doesn't have as big of a draw back as Patch, but still shows that Phoenix has "powered up" her allies (strikes), but also influenced those who stand against her (damages). Anyway, I've got work for now, I'll come back on later and flesh this idea out a little more.

Would be unique I like your ideas, But I really want a resurrection power, two power sets one before resurrection, that is destructive, and one after that is more of a healer would be interesting.