For future boss fights, what still needs changing?

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, no doubt Galactus 2.0 is going much better. So, first, thanks for improving. But, that is no excuse to stop improving. is there any thing the community wants to see for any future events? I have a couple.

1. Include alliance member contributions. It is very annoying that I can't see the bottom 10. I've put in enough for legendary progression, but we still haven't passed round 6. We have obvious dead weight, but I don't want to just kick the bottom 10 without seeing their results.

2. 40 ISO when there are still "real" unclaimed rewards. 40 ISO to beat Galactus feels a bit insulting in itself. But getting 40 ISO when you have only claimed 1 of 4 rewards is just bad. People have complained about this since the prologue. Why does this still work this way?

So, what else? Share your wish list.

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Not much, they really fixed up some of the worst of it. I wish they would let you see who would be in survival nodes though, since the enemies change there every round. And that they didn't make you use a new character in a hard node. Otherwise, I felt it was just right.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Not much, they really fixed up some of the worst of it. I wish they would let you see who would be in survival nodes though, since the enemies change there every round. And that they didn't make you use a new character in a hard node. Otherwise, I felt it was just right.

Ah, good suggestion. Yeah, knowing it is hand ninjas is good in advance for taking along someone to clean up or stun before killing.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'd say more variety, both in terms of gameplay (not easy to achieve), and maybe rewards.

Also, I'd love to see new modes introduced: for instance, a time attack mode Or a survival wave node.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should be no essentials in these special events. They are special so they dont make much sense, they are not like other PVE events (avengers for ultron made some sense, but cyclops or bp for Galaktus?!?!?!)

We are still trying to end round 7, and if we cant it will be because just 1 person had cyclops, and we have a lot of players that are in the 2 space, so they dont have most of the 3s.

I think this is specially important for new players so they can fully play and enjoy those events.
  • To be honest, a solo boss fight, sorta like the Gauntlet is, would be kinda interesting.

And yeah, the best part of the boss fights were that they're a totally different sort of gameplay.

Not a boss fight, but I'd really like something like the Danger Room or something that is just an endless Survival wave, where each wave the levels just get higher and higher and higher, although I get the feeling it'd be kinda tedious to rerun over and over again, or they'd have to destroy the board between rounds unless you just never ever die with healing and protect tiles and AP stealing endlessly or something.
  • Ultron boss was fun, but not the subs battles.

Galactus subs were well balanced. The boss fight it self was ok (first round was impossible, second round was too easy IMO)
    I think devs need to rework this battle and add more puzzle elements to it.

For future boss fights I'd like to see Green Goblin, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Apocalypse
  • I second the want for a Dangerroom-style endless wave option (event?), with different bonuses offered for beating say 5,10,15,20 enemies, and maybe an iso contribution based on the number of enemies beaten to encourage you not to stop after getting the rewards. icon_e_smile.gif That would be sweet
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    When the nodes unlock, so should the main boss fight. Waiting 8 hours from your last fight, even though the unlock nodes have refreshed, is a huge pain in the ****. Especially because some of those 8 hour windows may open when you are available to play, but the main boss fight won't open until you are busy.
  • Maybe having some form of selecting a time slot to fight the boss for the alliance/commander/players since it started on a thursday morning at 9 am for us and most people work during that time here. Also I agree about seeing the whole alliances points not just the top ten.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    40 iso rewards are just ridiculous. I can get that doing two easy rounds in prologue now. Also, in events, I think all rewards should be given first for completing a node then afterwards 100 iso for each time tthey're beaten.