edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
iso8.png

icon_eek.gif

icon_cry.gif

Mod Edit: Merged both threads

Comments

• "You still weren't enough (for late game players)"

I'm more RIP Anniversary Tokens.

Even the bad odds ones were still put in to replace Standards. Getting a buttload of those was still pretty amazing.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. My 40 ISO wins now go back to 20. How will I ever learn to do without that great bounty? icon_lol.gif
  • I completely understand why they can't flat boost iso income across the board since it would increase progression too much for lower tier players but I wish that there increased iso prizes above x point value in pvp. For example, if after 500 or 600 points, or whatever, you started to gain larger sums of iso. This could create extra incentive for people to play and also create a desire to score higher even if you aren't going to get any interesting placement rewards.

Right now, lower tier players have little incentive to play in pvp because after a certain point value, they just get hammered essentially telling them that they have no business there. If we made it worth while for people to still play after getting hit, I think it would make pvp more interesting for everyone.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I completely understand why they can't flat boost iso income across the board since it would increase progression too much for lower tier players but I wish that there increased iso prizes above x point value in pvp. For example, if after 500 or 600 points, or whatever, you started to gain larger sums of iso. This could create extra incentive for people to play and also create a desire to score higher even if you aren't going to get any interesting placement rewards.

Right now, lower tier players have little incentive to play in pvp because after a certain point value, they just get hammered essentially telling them that they have no business there. If we made it worth while for people to still play after getting hit, I think it would make pvp more interesting for everyone.

I disagree with the thinking that new player progression should take forever. The faster you make it to level up and max out your covers the better. It is discouraging for new players to be scaled out of competition with established players.

They release new characters so fast that everyone chases the new flavor of the month. Making it easier to level those up would promote chasing more of them. Hell I would consider whaling RH because I really like the character, but I have my Thing at 11 covers and I know it will take forever to get the ISO to level him up, so why rush to buy RH covers if I cannot afford to level him enough to be useful.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Yah they need a permanent increase in iso. The long term vets can save iso easily for each new character, since all the 3s and 4s are already maxed. But with 2+ characters out a month, it is impossible to play catch up even only leveling the better characters.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know they want ISO to be rare so you have to pick and choose who to level, but I need 2 million ISO just to take my characters to their current level max. And I only have 1 4* fully covered. As I get more 4* covers, it just reminds me that I'll never have enough ISO to level all of them up. It's pretty discouraging.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    I know they want ISO to be rare so you have to pick and choose who to level, but I need 2 million ISO just to take my characters to their current level max. And I only have 1 4* fully covered. As I get more 4* covers, it just reminds me that I'll never have enough ISO to level all of them up. It's pretty discouraging.

Agreed. Now I can't remember where I was adding it up, but characters introduced between anniversaries cost more to level than characters from start of game up to 1st anniversary.

I don't expect players to "catch up" to those who have played longer. But it would be nice to be able to "keep up" with characters that have been added since you were playing.

Double ISO should be here to stay, and all resources (ISO/HP/roster slots) should scale as they increase the amount of those resources you need.
  • Clintman wrote:
    I disagree with the thinking that new player progression should take forever. The faster you make it to level up and max out your covers the better. It is discouraging for new players to be scaled out of competition with established players.

They release new characters so fast that everyone chases the new flavor of the month. Making it easier to level those up would promote chasing more of them. Hell I would consider whaling RH because I really like the character, but I have my Thing at 11 covers and I know it will take forever to get the ISO to level him up, so why rush to buy RH covers if I cannot afford to level him enough to be useful.

I don't think it should take forever but it's much easier than it used to be while the post level 120 3* progression and onward is much much longer comparatively. Newer players aren't grabbing those newer characters left and right so I'm not sure what that has to do with your point about newer players.

Personally, I think it should be flat increased across the board but I highly doubt that they will ever do that. My proposition was hopefully a way that the developers would view as acceptable since it wouldn't be showering the average player with iso (as the average player scores under 400 points in pvp). I think that PVP placements need to be entirely revamped because many top 100 in PVP events don't need or want the covers they are winning compared to a year or more ago. PVP placement tiers should be massively eased up to at least (if not more) top 150 getting access to the base 3* PVP reward.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just get rid of the junk 20 ISO "reward" until you've earned 4/4 possible rewards. We've only been asking for that like, forever. It's still aggravating as all hell seeing that 500 ISO reward sitting there unclaimed and you get your 3rd or 4th 20 ISO booby prize. That would increase ISO income without being too destabilizing, surely.

I think 2 of the last 3 times I beat Galactus I got 40 ISO, with 5 or 6 rewards sitting unclaimed.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Just what it says...welcome back. On the second pass of Deadpool vs MPQ, approximately 70% of the nodes gave me 20 ISO. I know that statistically that is within the percentages...but if you use stats for everything...EVERYTHING is within the statistically possible, even if it is 0.0000001% possible, it is still possible. I am so ISO starved and I am only leveling 2 4*...I don't know how people have leveled 6-7 without pumping in some serious cash (not complaining that people paid cash, all power to them but damn that's expensive).
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I'll definitely miss this.

Double Iso felt about right.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather get 20 ISO than our other good friend making a return, the critical boost.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Orion wrote:
    I'd rather get 20 ISO than our other good friend making a return, the critical boost.

I actually used all my Crits when CMag was still his old self. And they are kind of nice with Charlie's Angels.

Those said....I feel the same way.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    That is true, but I only received 1 critical boost from my 2 passes so haven't gotten mad at getting nothing yet icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I am sure this has been said, but man double iso was awesome. Even with all the ISO I got, I still am extremely far off of having enough to max out my main team. I think they could leave double iso as standard and it wouldn't affect anything other than make the players happy.
  • We need double crit boost... would change everything.