Replace Seasons with Alliance vs X Events

Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
It was so nice to finally win all three 4* covers on offer in an event and not be just watching for the 6 millioneth time all the alliances with money and fully covered MAX 4* teams dominating the top spots and taking all the prizes on offer.

My suggestion - replace the Seasons with events similar in style to the recent Galactus 2nd run - it was so refreshing working together as an alliance, trading strategies and all pulling towards the achievable end goal and actually completing the event and taking down all three covers for a new character.

Therefore if every season was now similar setup all working for xx days to score the required points - I for one would welcome this.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    How is that not what already happens in PVP seasons?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seasons are PvP. Alliance vs X is PvE. Different animals.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a t2 pve player, I wouldn't mind the last pve that overlaps with the end of a pvp season, to be a boss battle. Would give more time to adjust / handle end of season merc'ing, if players are already locked to a pve leaderboard.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, it's completely absurd that the alliances with the best rosters and players in the game get the top spots in pvp seasons. icon_rolleyes.gif

As others have said, pvp and pve are different animals. I certainly wouldn't mind more pve events like Ultron or Galactus, but it makes no sense for them to replace pvp.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I LOVE that the Galactus fight is pure cooperative PvE. It feels great. Normal "Story" events after are PvP as well, after all.

It feels great to just be working with people rather than constantly climbing over one another, scrabbling at those top few rewards. Would be great to have this kind of event all the time.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Not too bad for money making either, I'd wager. More people with covers = more slots bought right? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I agree, with having something like an "alliance score" added to the "Season Score" and "Event Score" would bring a sorta vibe(if you will) like going against b0ss. It feels like everyone is just playing for themselves. Like why you hate me man :/
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I liked the team dynamic to galactus. Regular pve and pvp though alliances can focus on one to increase their score still doesn't really feel like you're play to benefit of your alliance and common goal cause you're going to gear towards which every event benefits your personal goals more.