automatic selection of boosters

Normally i never use boosters or team ups, so after you select your team for a battle, the next window where you can select 3 of those, I always immediately click 'fight', without looking at the screen. The game then randomly assigns 3 team ups and i can start the battle.
However now with galactus i have used a few boosts against them, but after you fight galactus, you have to do an essential node, but EVERY SINGLE TIME, those boosters are STILL THERE, while i did not select them. And from my habit of automatically clicking 'fight' I am wasting all these boosters on those stupid essential fights where i dont need boosters.
Can we please make the boosters, just like the team-ups, by default they are all 3 empty and if you want them, you have to select them yourself?

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I use the boosts on later climbs on PvP where I should be using AP boosts every match to speed up the climbs and shield hops. If I have to re-equip the boosts every match, that is wasting valuable time and increase the chance that I will get hit.

Not saying that my use case is more valid than anyone else's, but giving the other side of the argument.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use the boosts on later climbs on PvP where I should be using AP boosts every match to speed up the climbs and shield hops. If I have to re-equip the boosts every match, that is wasting valuable time and increase the chance that I will get hit.

Not saying that my use case is more valid than anyone else's, but giving the other side of the argument.
    I have experienced both sides, and I tend to take this stance. I just have to learn to remove those boosts...
  • Frasaria wrote:
    Can we please make the boosters, just like the team-ups, by default they are all 3 empty and if you want them, you have to select them yourself?
    They are just like team-ups. If you select team-ups manually, they remain until used or unequipped, too. I have wasted a few boosts myself, but I tend to agree with those who say that the system is fine as-is.
  • Allright, if that is what the majority of the players want, then maybe leave them automatically selected but add a little pop up saying "You have boosters equipped, are you sure you want to continue?"
    Only takes 1 second to press yes, so for those in a hurry it will not matter. But you will waste much less boosters on easy battles.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a separate button that says "Clear All"? I think that would satisfy both camps.

I know, I wasted a couple of +All-AP boosts yesterday by forgetting to remove them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This cries out for an option in the settings:

Remember Boost/Team-Up Selections [ ]
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Frasaria wrote:
    Allright, if that is what the majority of the players want, then maybe leave them automatically selected but add a little pop up saying "You have boosters equipped, are you sure you want to continue?"
    Only takes 1 second to press yes, so for those in a hurry it will not matter. But you will waste much less boosters on easy battles.
    They already have this in the team-up selection screen. It shows what you have selected for TUs/boosts. You have to hit the "FIGHT!" button to continue. I don't think there's a need for an "are you sure?" button. I've wasted boosts like this as well, just learned to actually read what I'm doing first.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked Dayv's idea a lot, but would probably be satisfied if they put in a remove all button. Even just returning the Clear button in the team ups section instead of having to go into the boost tab would be a step in the right direction.