Called Shot generating double AP?

AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
Playing with both the given Classic Cyclops in the Simulator node and my 0/0/1 Cyclops in the Galactus event I'm noticing Called Shot is generating 2 red for each red tile he destroys, even though the ability doesn't state this distinction.

For example, given this square (assuming the skill is low enough he only hits a 3x3 area), where the center tile is targeted for the ability:
greentile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png
bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png
redtile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.png
Cyclops should be destroying the three red tiles and the purple tile for a total of 3 redtile.png and 1 purpletile.png generated, plus ability damage. Instead, he comes out with 6 redtile.png and 1 purpletile.png .

I don't think this is intentional, but if it is the ability description should be updated to reflect Scott generates double AP on the red tiles he hits.

UPDATE: I can also confirm that if, given the above scenario, the target tile is red instead of purple he generates 7 red (1 for the target tile, 2 for each red surrounding the target tile) when he should be generating 4. So the extra AP only generates on the tiles Cyclops destroys but does not select with the ability.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw someone note this in the character thread, but I'm glad someone created a Bugs forum post about it. Hex Bolt had the same behavior and it took a long time for them to fix it.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I saw someone note this in the character thread, but I'm glad someone created a Bugs forum post about it. Hex Bolt had the same behavior and it took a long time for them to fix it.

slight correction, it took them a long time to notice or become aware of it, they fixed it surprisingly quickly
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it was at least 12 minutes, as I recall.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    As of the Red Eye PvP this October I can confirm Called Shot is now generating 1 AP per red tile destroyed regardless of whether it is targeted or in the nXn radius around the target tile. I guess they stealth updated it without informing us, so this thread can now be locked by any mod.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    As of the Red Eye PvP this October I can confirm Called Shot is now generating 1 AP per red tile destroyed regardless of whether it is targeted or in the nXn radius around the target tile. I guess they stealth updated it without informing us, so this thread can now be locked by any mod.

Wish they were this fast fixing negative affect bugs I mention.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Wish they were this fast fixing negative affect bugs I mention.
    Some bugs are an easy server-side fix while others need a client update, and those seem to go through a much longer approval process.

I wish they'd do better about acknowledging bugs on the forum. It's not that they never do, it's just that they're not consistent, and it's unclear how they decide which bugs to acknowledge and give us an idea of when they'll get fixed.

Still they definitely read this forum, so reports are valuable.