SILVER SURFER

Options
Anyone else want him to be a new character soon or just me?

At the top of my head it could introduce a new colour (white)

He would be able to shield team mates with that colour

Be able to create black holes ( black naturally)

And seen as he can mind read, maybe be able to spot the enemies next move?

Just a thought as im bored

Comments

• Top of my wish list (along with any FF characters)

He'd probably have to be 4*
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh man I can't even imagine all the issues adding a new colour would cause... icon_e_confused.gif
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    Top of my wish list (along with any FF characters)

Yeah 4* would be great. DEVS DO THIS NOW
  • Twysta wrote:
    Oh man I can't even imagine all the issues adding a new colour would cause... icon_e_confused.gif

I cant see it been that bad? it would slow the game a little probably but a new colour means new possibilities for future characters and also others who may be getting a 3rd power
  • My top characters i want to see is Silver surfer, Emma frost, deadpool, and Scarlet W.

I also think adding white would give them a chance to add emma frost, the white queen.
  • A new color would pretty much break the game. The number of colors that you can use in a match 3 game are well studied for different grid sizes: You can't make an 8x8 grid playable with 7 colors any more than you can make a 6x6 grid playable with 3. The number of available moves changes dramatically, along with the percentages of 4 and 5 chains.

If you've taken any Probability & Statistics class, it's not really all that complicated to do the math yourself and see how adding a single color warps the game. Just check, on a random board, the probability of being able to match 3 green with 6 colors or with 7. It's pretty drastic.

Also, Silver Surfer has absolutely nothing to do with the Dark Reign storyline. There's a whole lot of heroes that fit better when your big villain is Norman Osborn.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    hibikir wrote:
    A new color would pretty much break the game. The number of colors that you can use in a match 3 game are well studied for different grid sizes: You can't make an 8x8 grid playable with 7 colors any more than you can make a 6x6 grid playable with 3. The number of available moves changes dramatically, along with the percentages of 4 and 5 chains.

If you've taken any Probability & Statistics class, it's not really all that complicated to do the math yourself and see how adding a single color warps the game. Just check, on a random board, the probability of being able to match 3 green with 6 colors or with 7. It's pretty drastic.

Also, Silver Surfer has absolutely nothing to do with the Dark Reign storyline. There's a whole lot of heroes that fit better when your big villain is Norman Osborn.

+1 to the voice of reason
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    hibikir wrote:
    A new color would pretty much break the game. The number of colors that you can use in a match 3 game are well studied for different grid sizes: You can't make an 8x8 grid playable with 7 colors any more than you can make a 6x6 grid playable with 3. The number of available moves changes dramatically, along with the percentages of 4 and 5 chains.

+1 to the voice of reason
    Agreed, but we'd technically be moving to 8 colours, because env.tiles are effectively a colour.
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    Top of my wish list (along with any FF characters)

Yeah 4* would be great. DEVS DO THIS NOW

4*'s are not more powerful than 3*'s.