Make Event Tokens the 3 Star Token

I know since we have been discussing tokens til we are all smurfed-faced. Here's an option that doesn't require more than some redesigning and a bit of coding:

Standard - star.png , star.pngstar.png , or star.pngstar.pngstar.png
Heroic - star.pngstar.png , star.pngstar.pngstar.png , or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
EVENT - star.pngstar.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (Add in ESSENTIAL to the EVENT star.pngstar.png )
Legendary - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

I created a newbie Steam account and realized that star.png and star.pngstar.png are important in the beginning, however new players can expect star.pngstar.pngstar.png and even star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters early on.

By participating in events, players in all stages can reap the benefits of a buffed event token. An essential two star would continue having higher odds to help those who need that specific star.pngstar.png and not Moonstone (Unless she's the essential.)

Well that's nice, but these tokens are in the market. We can't just sell them for Heroic pricing.
Easy answer. Premium tokens, premium pricing.
1x Daily Deal: 200 After: 500
10x Daily Deal: 4000 After: 7500
40x Daily Deal: 17500 After: 25,000 Comes with a single Legendary.

Maybe move these tokens around in the events to make them something to strive for. Increase and Decrease odds on characters and levels as needed per event. Have star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png at 0.2% each and the 3 stars making up the rest with the ESSENTIAL star.pngstar.png having 6.5% - 7% odds.

Event tokens are already around so there would be no need for a brand new token. Basically, remove the two stars and increase the three and four star odds and make as someone here once said "It seems like the player base would have fewer tokens with better odds, than more tokens with less odds."

EDIT: Re-Titled to be more specific
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best token idea I have seen yet.
  • Just a few examples of possibilities for buffed tokens:

Weapon Tex-Mex
    Higher Odds On:
    icon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Women of Marvel
    Higher Odds On star.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png versions of:
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_storm.png

Anniversary:
    10+% Odds On:
    icon_devildino.png
    10,000 iso8.png
    100 tokenlightning:

Deadpool vs. MPQ
    Higher Odds On:
    icon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

For Special Events such as Anniversary, a 0.1% chance at a token_legendary.png could be added in. It's such a small chance that it's unlikely, however some may feel as they have a good chance in it by spending money.
  • That pursuit with Moonstone. Until today I have it in my rooster and do not intend to sell it. For beginners, it is very good in pve especially against the minions.It has also saved me several times in tough battles in pve simulator. Currently it serves to DDQ, off-season and team-up.
  • vinicius18 wrote:
    That pursuit with Moonstone. Until today I have it in my rooster and do not intend to sell it. For beginners, it is very good in pve especially against the minions.It has also saved me several times in tough battles in pve simulator. Currently it serves to DDQ, off-season and team-up.

<insert any star.pngstar.png character here.>

I will agree on Moonstone. I had a 94 Moonstone until a few days ago and she did alright for me. The purpleflag.png is great. I am in the process of replacing her with OBW. The only reason she's the named two star is she's probably the most picked two star (well maybe Daken now) and the name used in frustration.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    florida92 wrote:
    The only reason she's the named two star is she's probably the most picked two star (well maybe Daken now) and the name used in frustration.

Moonstone is currently lobbying to replace KHAAAANNNNN! as the named curse of choice.
  • So far 100% in favor of upgrading the event token to a star.pngstar.pngstar.png token, while this is a very small sample size it illustrates the need of an improved token to improve player progression.

Upgrading the event tokens do not require a massive reworking of the tokens, no need to design a new token (just slap star.pngstar.pngstar.png on there and re-write the code,) and giving the ability for D3, Demiurge, Marvel, and Disney to increase sales and profit.

The more players that enjoy there progression will play the game longer, expose friends, family, co-workers, classmates, and in the rare cases random people. More exposure means more people are playing. The more people playing, the more people that are paying.
    Moonstone is currently lobbying to replace KHAAAANNNNN! as the named curse of choice.

She's trying. I wonder if there's a Moonstone cos-player at the Studio and they just fall all over themselves and when they write the tokens it's all about Moonstone lol
  • There is definitely call for 3* tokens. (As posted in recent threads by visionaries of their time. *cough*)

Adapting the event token into a Guaranteed 3 Star token is definitely a route that could be used to get the 3* token into the game.
  • After the Anniversary has wrapped up, the need for a three star token is just as important if not more.

With common rewards in Deadpool vs. MPQ such as crit boosts and standard tokens, endless grinding for a single legendary and a couple of event tokens with high rates for two stars doesn't help with progression or make the event enjoyable.

Maybe make the progression to have the event tokens at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 of the total personal progression points and give a chance to win an event token in the essentials. Since essentials aren't in everyone's roster, putting the updated tokens doesn't hurt the end game.

Something has to be done because we just saw the release of two more 4 stars, X-23 is in the next couple of weeks, and another 5 is on the horizon. This shows the end game is farther away and no matter what, the majority of the player base will be far behind the end game.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I think the issue with your idea is that they've already sped up the 3* transition to a 3* roster to warp speed. I could definitely use the iso but it's unlikely that your idea will see approval.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:
    I think the issue with your idea is that they've already sped up the 3* transition to a 3* roster to warp speed. I could definitely use the iso but it's unlikely that your idea will see approval.

There are more than 5 dozen characters needing 13 covers each at the 3* and above level, nothing about the current situation could realistically be described as moving at warp speed and with a new 4* every few weeks it seems like an obvious move to accelerate the lesser tiers as much as possible to avoid the gap getting wider than necessary, especially since people are far more likely to roster new characters if the chance of them being usable in a sensible amount of time is increased and to do that they need HP.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    The anniversary certainly helped me get a bunch of 3 stars rapidly, now I'm faced with the iso shortage and managing whom to apply it to. Though no, 3 star gaining is not at a escalated speed. My one cover Magneto, Punisher, and Patch would argue that point.

Problem is the focus seems to be that they've escalated the 4 star transition while not compensating for the 3 stars. Moreover, the 3 and 4 star growth is occurring for many at the same time. Throwing in 5 stars to hurt any transitioning player and there needs a solution to get the very many 40 3 stars leveled a bit faster since 4 and 5 stars are only going to continue to increase.
  • KK Bundy wrote:

I would argue that 3 stars are not warp speed and more of a snails pace. I only have the characters covered as much as I do from whaling and tons of luck.

Heroics, event tokens, and even DDQ mainly focus on 2*. While 2* may last players a while, the continuing movement of the end game puts newer players at a higher disadvantage.

The race is to who can cover SS and OML as fast as possible. Well you'll need 4* to get there and to get to the 4* point, you'll need 3*. Granted PVP and PVE helps 2* rosters get legendary tokens, however it takes a long time to build a 4* and most definitely a 5*. In the mean time, 3* are the most important character level while chasing the end game.

My suggestion will never see approval because it gurantees a 3* and potentially a 4*. Which with the current business model, this doesn't follow the norm.

You have to spend a lot on tokens and open Moonstone and tiny torches to get the good covers. Makes progression painfully slow and extremely expensive.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to D3 (look for the post in the main forum which someone mentioned) there is something in the works to help with every transition. The common gossip is that it will be the ability to buy covers in some way shape or form or perhaps swap something you currently have for covers which are needed. This was further fuelled by the now deleted pic during the OML introduction interview which showed OML cover with the ability to upgrade for 700 something (many speculate it was team up).

If this is the case then there will be no need to introduce new tokens or modify the existing ones. I hope that this change happens soon (if at all) because the ability to trade useless items (my 652 MHawkeye covers for example) for a cover which you definitely need (Hulk black for example - why the hell are they so rare?) would be something which every single player will both benefit from and welcome.
  • According to D3 (look for the post in the main forum which someone mentioned) there is something in the works to help with every transition. The common gossip is that it will be the ability to buy covers in some way shape or form or perhaps swap something you currently have for covers which are needed. This was further fuelled by the now deleted pic during the OML introduction interview which showed OML cover with the ability to upgrade for 700 something (many speculate it was team up).

If this is the case then there will be no need to introduce new tokens or modify the existing ones. I hope that this change happens soon (if at all) because the ability to trade useless items (my 652 MHawkeye covers for example) for a cover which you definitely need (Hulk black for example - why the hell are they so rare?) would be something which every single player will both benefit from and welcome.

While I like this idea better than mine, here's where my idea could still be of major use. Let's say that you have a point value conversion system:

1 star.png - 100 pts
    2 star.png - 500 pts
    3 star.png - 1500 pts
    4 star.png - 3000 pts

Let's say to convert to a WXF Surgical Strike, you need 3,000 points. While a useless 4* will be a direct trade, you would need 6 2* covers, where with 3* you only need 2.

While pulling 2* is so common that 6 covers is easy to come by, my thought is D3s system would be completely different and that the actual point values would be so far apart, that 3* covers would get you a needed cover that much faster.

Side Note: Hulk Green must be the only Hulk cover icon_lol.gif
  • florida92 wrote:

While I like this idea better than mine, here's where my idea could still be of major use. Let's say that you have a point value conversion system:

1 star.png - 100 pts
    2 star.png - 500 pts
    3 star.png - 1500 pts
    4 star.png - 3000 pts

Let's say to convert to a WXF Surgical Strike, you need 3,000 points. While a useless 4* will be a direct trade, you would need 6 2* covers, where with 3* you only need 2.

While pulling 2* is so common that 6 covers is easy to come by, my thought is D3s system would be completely different and that the actual point values would be so far apart, that 3* covers would get you a needed cover that much faster.

Side Note: Hulk Green must be the only Hulk cover icon_lol.gif

While those numbers are nice, they won't be the ones used.

A standard token gives out a 3* with approximately 1/30 odds, maybe slightly lower. Your numbers would mean 30 standard tokens translate into a guaranteed 4*.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this idea. There can be event specific 2* token rewards and 3* token rewards, that way all players have a chance to earn what they would need. Advanced players can just sell their 2* stuff, which isn't much different from what we do 90+% of the time anyway. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ScrawL
    ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    According to D3 (look for the post in the main forum which someone mentioned) there is something in the works to help with every transition. The common gossip is that it will be the ability to buy covers in some way shape or form or perhaps swap something you currently have for covers which are needed. This was further fuelled by the now deleted pic during the OML introduction interview which showed OML cover with the ability to upgrade for 700 something (many speculate it was team up).

Hmm idk about being able to buy covers for OML. When they introduced 5*s they said you can't buy covers for them even if you already have that specific one. I believe the only way you can possibly get them at all is from legendary tokens, and possibly rewards (ranking, progressions, etc) at some point but would most likely be rank 1-2 only and doubt they will ever be a progressive reward .

Onto the 3* event token idea, I think it would be nice to have and it just makes sense to have since we have tokens for every other rarity cover. But I don't think it's THAT bad. You can get a guaranteed 3* every single day with deadpool daily. Since it came out I've filled my roster and have all the 3*s, besides a few i didn't feel were worth the roster space, with most at power cap. Without deadpool daily I probably wouldn't have half the 3* covers that I do have.

So in all reality they already have done something about 3* progression quite awhile ago. Although it's helped me a TON, you have to have that essential to get it in deadpool daily for that day and not everyone has it, especially newer players. So I still think a 3* token would be great and would be nice to have.

I also like the trading idea that a lot of people, including my alliance, have been talking about lately and would rather see that implemented. Whether it's alliance only or some kind of point system or vault trade or whatever it may be. It would be amazing to not feel so disappointed with all the 1, 2, and useless 3* covers I get if I could trade them to get something I actually want.