Compesation for black vortex and WoM?

Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Are there any plans to compesate us for the lack of iso rewards in these events.
The bug is still present in WoM.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    314w389.png
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Was just going to post about this. It's a bad enough bug made particularly offensive that it's happening during the double ISO events.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I hope so, missed 4-5 Iso rewards In WoM and have barely done any.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    How about the broken match making, showing the same nodes/people?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Hendross wrote:
    99.9% sure the problems are directly linked as they always happen together
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    My shoelace broke at work today, can I have free stuff too???
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Rob13 wrote:

Does your job entail receiving shoelaces for completing certain tasks? If so, then yes, your company should definitely get you the shoelaces you are owed.
  • Rob13 wrote:

Does your job entail receiving shoelaces for completing certain tasks? If so, then yes, your company should definitely get you the shoelaces you are owed.

This response contains so much win. Upvote ahoy.
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Just want to make sure I understand. Everybody complains about getting 20 iso, than when they don't get the 20 iso they complain. I'm so confused. Seems like a vicious cycle of complaining.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rob13 wrote:
    Just want to make sure I understand. Everybody complains about getting 20 iso, than when they don't get the 20 iso they complain. I'm so confused. Seems like a vicious cycle of complaining.

Welcome to the internet.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Frustrating that this bug has yet to be acknowledged.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice said they were investigating it during the Black Vortex run. I guess rather than it being fixed for Class of 2015, it just didn't crop up there (because it's not a pre-existing event?).
  • Pinko_McFly
    edited October 2015
    Rob13 wrote:
    Don't think you do understand. Edit: Maybe it was the pic Punisher put up, which I'm assuming was put up as a joke about D3s compensation policy..../Edit

PVP nodes are repeatedly awarding nothing. The nodes that would normally give you a cover are supposed to be giving double iso rewards instead, but are glitched, not giving you any reward.
    So in these PVPs that are suppossed to award double iso, at least half, are not rewarding anything. They don't even give you the measly 30 iso for taking the match.

In effect two of the three "double" iso event are at best giving you normal iso, but less iso than normal is a real possibility as well.
    The Class of 2015 PVP functioned fine, most likely because it was not designed with cover rewards as an option. Removing the cover awards from the other two PVPs seems to have caused the no reward glitch (which also allows you to attack the same target 2,3, 4, or more times in a row).
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Hendross wrote:

This is awesome though if you know the other person is shielded and they are worth a lot.
  • Rob13 wrote:

I've never seen someone complain about not receiving 20 iso, but as far as I'm concerned no reward and 20 iso are the same thing.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    They posted something in the bugs section about it but nothing since I last checked. It is rather annoying. I would say about 60% of my matches running up to 1000 for the IW cover were bugged.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I'd be perfectly happy with a flat ISO payout of 1,000 for each event, as the players DID lose rewards. There's simply no getting around that fact, it happened. It's nobody's fault (well, its somebody's fault, but **** happens icon_e_wink.gif), but during events where the payout is supposed to be doubled, it kinda sucks that I'm actually banking ISO on par with or maybe even less than a regular PvP event.

What concerns me more is the poor guys that are getting hit 7 times in a row because of this glitch. I know I always skip over people the 2nd time they show up when it glitches, and I imagine a lot of others do as well, but certainly not everyone does. Someone seeing the same name 4 times, who robbed them of hundreds of event points, is gonna create some bad feelings, and that's no fun.
  • I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that D3 is going to give us something for all the lost ISO, especially considering it was supposed to be doubled.

I'll also go out on a limb and predict that a bunch of us will feel like our eventual compensation isn't enough.

I have absolutely no idea what would actually be fair (how would they even measure it I wonder?), but if it includes ANY HP, I'll be calling that one a win. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rob13 wrote:

Well if his shoelace broke at work and he tripped and hurt himself, he could be eligible for Workers Compensation (I'm in HR lol). So technically he would be entitled to something! iso8.pngiso8.pngtoken_event.pngtoken_event.pngspideycoin.pngspideycoin.png
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rob13 wrote:
    Just want to make sure I understand. Everybody complains about getting 20 iso, than when they don't get the 20 iso they complain. I'm so confused.
    Clearly. PvP doesn't give 20 ISO awards after finishing a battle.