So what's with the time discrepancy?

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I hopped into Galactus 2 right at the start and we got into Round 4. Currently my pins are going to refresh in 4h 10mins, but Galactus himself shows 5h 30mins. I suppose it's 8 hours from the last time you downed him, but last event my alliance mates pointed out that their scores were so much higher than mine because they waited until he was "full".

Is there a reason he doesn't fully reset when the pins do? Is that meant to be a strategy?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    theirs is higher because they waited until later rounds to cycle their turns and had higher galactus health to get through, giving them more pts. my theory anyway.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the same mechanic as run 1, and same as Ultron. Really, its the same mechanic in all PvE, except it's a lock instead of a point refresh. Yes, there's an element of strategy to it.

Obviously from an alliance stand point every point helps, especially if you need to pick up for some lower performing members, so if you can get it, you should. However, it's not necessary to do and still reach the individual progression.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, if you wait for Galactus timer to finish and him to open before hitting your refreshed essentials after the scheduled refresh you get that extra turn... more points.

You have 4 hours for node refreshes, but 5 hours for Galactus. If you wait the 5 hours and get galactus first, then the essentials, you get 6 shots at him.

If you wait 4 hours, do an essential and unlock Galactus, you only get 5 shots at him.

Nodes refresh at fixed times of day: 12pm, 8pm, 4am, 12pm EST
    Galactus refreshes 8 hours after the last time you fought him and won/lost.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus resets 8 hours after your last fight with him. The earth nodes reset on a fixed schedule. If you finish quickly, they're pretty close together. (my galactus resets in 4.5h and my side nodes in 4) If you wait until galactus unlocks, you get an extra run at him compared to jumping right on the side nodes when they unlock.

But yeah, the bigger impact seems to come from what round you get your plays in. I played through the first round really quickly, and my teammates who joined in round 3 are beating me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    But yeah, the bigger impact seems to come from what round you get your plays in. I played through the first round really quickly, and my teammates who joined in round 3 are beating me.

To add to this point, if you have an alliance with some obvious imbalance, it's better for those 'weaker' players to play early. This way they can get full points in an easier fight, rather than potentially not get many points in the harder stages.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    Also, if you wait for Galactus timer to finish and him to open before hitting your refreshed essentials after the scheduled refresh you get that extra turn... more points.

You have 4 hours for node refreshes, but 5 hours for Galactus. If you wait the 5 hours and get galactus first, then the essentials, you get 6 shots at him.

If you wait 4 hours, do an essential and unlock Galactus, you only get 5 shots at him.

Nodes refresh at fixed times of day: 12pm, 8pm, 4am, 12pm EST
    Galactus refreshes 8 hours after the last time you fought him and won/lost.

Ahhh that makes sense and explains a lot.

Thanks all!