Who to keep?

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I've got 2 covers in Devil Dino and I have 3 covers of 3* Bullseye sitting in my inventory (1 of each color)....should I get rid of Dino for Bullseye?

Or

Should I keep both and get rid of a 2* like Daken (never use him since my 3* daken is better)

Tell me your thoughts

Comments

• XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    If you can afford to drop a 2* to roster a 3* or 4*, do it.
  • If you can afford to drop a 2* to roster a 3* or 4*, do it.

Agreed.

2*s drop like rain from the heavens, so if you decide later on that you want one back, you can get it back within a short amount of time.

DD is a novelty, but a decently powerful novelty for someone without a herd of leveled/covered 3*s. I actually used him for a bit in early PvE nodes with 2 covers as a meat shield.

People are using 3* Bullseye and reporting good results, and he's a 3*, sooo...

Yeah, dump 1*s other than Juggs first (DDQ, T-Us, often boosted), then 2*s other than the core heroes like (all preferences, but largely agreed upon) OBW, Thor/Ares, cStorm, Mags, Daken, Wolvie, maybe Cap or Baby Torch...

Try hard to keep all 3*s, 4*s as space and HP allow...

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    2daken is one i parted with once my 3daken was covered. hated to part ways with him and axwolvie, but haven't missed them really.
  • I actually just parted ways with my 2daken today, I realized why am I buying roster spots when I have a plethora of characters I haven't touched in months.
  • I actually just parted ways with my 2daken today, I realized why am I buying roster spots when I have a plethora of characters I haven't touched in months.

I've actually got an expiring Doc Oc and about 4 fully covered, unleveled 2*s I've had for months (for essentials). Since recruiting $$ I'm not playing PvE, and reading your post I thought, "Why exactly am I still clinging to all those underbuilt 2*s?" icon_lol.gif

DBC
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Bye bye Daken 2*....you'very served me well icon_cry.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've started hanging on to one unrostered cover of every 2* so I always have them available if I need them for an essential node. Is this something everyone does that I just figured out?

I've actually got an expiring Doc Oc and about 4 fully covered, unleveled 2*s I've had for months (for essentials). Since recruiting $$ I'm not playing PvE, and reading your post I thought, "Why exactly am I still clinging to all those underbuilt 2*s?" icon_lol.gif

DBC

For real, I'm having a hard time justifying anyone outside Thor Storm Magneto OBW in 2 star land...Ares and Wolverine come up once in a blue moon for a required event...but am I going to get more use out of a new 4 star character or a once in a blue moon required 2 star?
  • I've started hanging on to one unrostered cover of every 2* so I always have them available if I need them for an essential node. Is this something everyone does that I just figured out?
    I do something very similar. I keep 1 roster slot open for "rotating 2* essential", and then keep all the 2* trash covers in my queue until I have to sell them because they're expiring. No guarantee that what I need will be there, but it hasn't failed me yet. Depends a little on how active I am in PvP, but right now I have 38 2* covers and 1 SS red in my queue. Got a tough decision to make in 5 days. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this is wandering into General Roster Advice (don't tell Malcrof!)....here is a link to a thread about winnowing 2*s...

Which 2*s should remain on a 3* roster?

I posted my plan for cutting my 2s there, it's toward the end. I'll implement it .... someday icon_e_biggrin.gif
    also, here is a poll on who the most kept 2*s are for those transitioned into 3*s.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31780
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've kept everyone, but Cap and the dark avengers minus Ares.