Possible Next PVE Guess

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm still learning how all this works, but it seems as if the characters we get awarded for PVE matches end up being at least semi useful or buffed in some way in the next tournament - at least, a lot of the time.
By that (tenuous) logic, shall we be seeing a PVE event soon with villains because of the Doctor Doom/Moonstone awards coming up?

Comments

• I'd just like a PvE i can actually play that doesnt have 230 level enemies and a restricted character pool.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe a Doom PVP but not in PVE.
  • They'll probably introduce Curt Connors for the next non-rerun. He has scaling issues.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A Doom Heroic maybe? He is after all in the first chapter of the prologue.
  • Veracity wrote:
    They'll probably introduce Curt Connors for the next non-rerun. He has scaling issues.

Ha! I get It! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Discounting reruns, I think the strongest signs are pointing to it being mutant themed:

> IceIX has teased a damage/utility X-Men character being added (no time-frame of course, but since we have no other teasers not a stretch to imagine may be next addition).
    > The previous PvE chapter ended up revealing Magneto running some manner of mutant-empowerment experiment and being left at large.
    > Storm also interjected for the finale of the event, which is just odd if it doesn't continue in to the next event.
    > There were at least 3 different PvE mutant henchmen introduced too, each for only 1-2 missions - expect to see more of them.

I'd expect all (at least most) Storm & Wolverines to be buffed, probably OBW (because of the odd Scarlet Witch & Jean Grey tie-in), plus the obligatory rare character tie-ins.
    (I'm sure Invisible Woman and Daredevil will be as much 'help' as they have previously in PvE... icon_razz.gif )
  • I expect we'll see a Doom chapter at some point. There are those 10 Doombot boosts that we're all sitting on, after all.

Based on the story so far, though, Magneto and the Brotherhood will probably be either the next chapter or soon after.
  • As far as PvE goes, I'm not sure. I'd guess the next one won't be a new one since they've done two new PvE's recently, but when it does come out, I'd expect a mutant theme since they keep teasing that the next character will be an x-man. It would also be cool if a villain gets buffed for once in a PvE, though I don't know how you'd work the story line out for that.

I'd also guess that if the current PvPs work anything like the last pair of "best there is" and "big thunder" pairing, it'll be a doom based "doctor's orders" where the top 2-45 prize will be daredevil covers. Or I might just be optimistic because I want more daredevil covers icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A Jean Grey character would be awesome. Or Professor X. I would love to see "one of the opponents next three moves (random) will be reflected back at them, healing your team and damaging the other for X% of that turn's damage."
  • Deadpan wrote:
    As far as PvE goes, I'm not sure. I'd guess the next one won't be a new one since they've done two new PvE's recently, but when it does come out, I'd expect a mutant theme since they keep teasing that the next character will be an x-man. It would also be cool if a villain gets buffed for once in a PvE, though I don't know how you'd work the story line out for that.

I'd also guess that if the current PvPs work anything like the last pair of "best there is" and "big thunder" pairing, it'll be a doom based "doctor's orders" where the top 2-45 prize will be daredevil covers. Or I might just be optimistic because I want more daredevil covers icon_e_biggrin.gif

What do u mean how would they work the story out for that??? How many times has heroes fought for villains and vice verca in comics and movies and stuff. They r constantly switching sides to benefit themselves or for whatever reason.

Prime example : Magneto fights with and against x-men on multiple occasions.
  • Prime example : Magneto fights with and against x-men on multiple occasions.
    True, but you really want Magneto the White getting an event buff? Granted, more people have enough covers to make him usable, but I'd rather be throwing around 15k Magnetic Translocations vs lv240 M.Storm in a flipped story event.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, I would guess it's going to be a slow week with the PvE event not starting until Friday. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rerun of the Bullseye/Hawkeye tournament with a rework of M. Hawkeye. You know, something interesting but not something new. I think they are keen on figuring out if the elite tournaments really work. With DD ending tonight, you have another tournament starting (probably), LRs on Tuesday...I hope they work out the kinks of the PvE scoring and we see it on Friday.
  • Doom probably will not show up until they introduce one of the other three members of the Fantastic Four. I like the new Latveria tiles, his redder, more menacing Prologue portrait, and his newer green icon.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What do u mean how would they work the story out for that??? How many times has heroes fought for villains and vice verca in comics and movies and stuff. They r constantly switching sides to benefit themselves or for whatever reason.

Prime example : Magneto fights with and against x-men on multiple occasions.

Marvel Now! Magneto actually is an X-Men member + the version more appropriate to Dark Reign, so a bit of a shame he's (almost certainly) not going to get any loving from the next chapter when Classic Mags is the mastermind.

As a big Doctor Doom I'm generally all for him working with the good guys... but in all honesty I just don't think he's any good in MPQ (and I say that with maxed. black covers & after too much fanboy levelling of him) - he'd gain nothing but health from being buffed, and any buffed character with a conventional red attack power would outdo him.

Really hope he gets an impressive 3rd power one day (I've sworn to stick at 3 blue if ever get more covers, just in case) or a funbalance to not make him need 6 basic red tiles already in play for his power.*

*Not necessarily creating them instead (red fuel for all!), but for instance having 2 Attack tiles at all levels that deal progressively more damage (so at 5 covers he's got 2 at triple the strength of current ones).
  • Hopefully a new 4 star hero
  • radiopy wrote:
    With DD ending tonight, you have another tournament starting
    It's 15k HP Thors thumping each other on a timer to go up when the current one ends. You're praying for anything else. Yelena tournament. 400% buff to Bag-Man. Anything. But you know in your heart that sound of distant thunder is the unstoppable onslaught of the 15k HP Thors.