Galactus Tokens Still Have Terrible Odds

Peej13
Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Any chance these odds get updated like the anniversary tokens?

Comments

• Are we talking "Standard Heroic/Event token" terrible odds or "Nearly a Standard token Anniversary 1" odds?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regular event token terrible. It seems that adding Red Hulk to the pool and boosting Cyclops has dropped the odds for other 4*s down to .2% each, but the total chance of a 4* should be at normal levels.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's iso and HP in them. Better than a standard event token.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    If the Galactus tokens are basically the same as the Ultron tokens, it's fine. I don't remember what the Ultron tokens were like.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're improved from round 1, and they're better than other event tokens. So complaining about them seems unnecessary.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We can't have everything.. Galactus is still better overall so let's start focusing on the positives instead of constantly dwelling on the negatives icon_e_wink.gif
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    One of the first tokens I got this time gave me a 4hor blue so I cant complain.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regular event token terrible. It seems that adding Red Hulk to the pool and boosting Cyclops has dropped the odds for other 4*s down to .2% each, but the total chance of a 4* should be at normal levels.

90% sure this is the case for all event tokens. Always the 4.6% chance, just they move it around based on featured characters.
  • 0 for 2 for me on Galactus Tokens...

Not a complaint, just an observation, but feel free to call me an over-expectant whiner if it gives your day some kind of meaning... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Edit: This just in! Hot off the presses! 0 for 3 now. lol

DBC
  • I'm 1 for 6 between Anniversary and Galactus tokens but so much better than standards so I'm happy.

I just wish I could get a Dino red soon
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've pulled Kingpin yellowflag.png and Loki blackflag.pnggreenflag.png out of six tokens since the change which is a massive improvement on the 21 2* characters I pulled before. Granted my two data sets are not equal yet but even if I pull nothing but dirty tissues for the next 15 tokens it would still be an improvement over before.

EDIT: Just pulled 600 hp from an anniversary token won in Galactus Round 1 so that makes 4 out of seven tokens since the change which have been better than 2*
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    for me, Ultron tokens from Run 1, were hitting lots of gold, but no 4* for me. Run 2 was dry with only 2*.

With Galactus, run 1 was dry with only 2*... so I have hopes for run 2. So far 1 purpleflag.pngicon_antman.png putting me at 4/0/0 for him... i'd like another color please...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus Hungers would be no different than other Event tokens, so their odds aren't supposed to be any better. Similar to how the Simulator tokens weren't having boosted odds and none of the PVP tokens have boosted odds. The only tokens with boosted odds are the Anniversary tokens, and unlike other events, they are handed out in the PVPs and the PVEs. So you get a chance to win the Anniversary tokens with boosted odds in all the Anniversary events, they just don't boost the odds for all the Event tokens that run during the anniversary.
  • I pulled a purple Red Hulk cover from a Galactus token today.

I do feel like it was in some way the MPQ version of, "Hey...you've pulled 6 Invisible Woman covers out of 15 total Legendary tokens...here's a bone for you to chew on for a bit."

C'mon...40% of my Legendary pulls were IW. My odds with Galactus tokens have been way more positive.