G2 Preview is up in game

TxMoose
TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
just a PSA/FYI

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting in 1 hour? Just great seeing as in an hour I am heading off out for a 13 hour shift with no WiFi. Looks like I get to miss the first 3 rounds. It's been the 15/10 for the last 16 hours for crying out loud!

On the plus side I get to miss all the server crashes icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary Token now @950000
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    ****, Hulk really is buffed.

Really weak list of buffed characters overall, although buffed Cage might help in the later nodes.
  • Who's receiving boosts (cant access game right now)?

Are essentials posted?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buh bye servers! You'll be crashing soon.
  • Der_Lex
    Buffed:

4*:

Cyclops
    Mr Fantastic

3*:

Panther
    Steve Rogers
    Gamora
    Hulk
    Cage
    Squirrel Girl
    Storm

2*:

Steve Rogers
    Hawkeye
    Storm

1*:
    Hawkeye
    Storm
  • Are we supposed to assume that the game stayed the same in terms of refresh rate and galactus' strategy?

If so, is the best strategy to get rewards for every round to play against galactus once on round 1, once or twice on round 2, and remaining play on round 3 to maximize participation in multiple rounds rather than being locked out????
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    When i think about fighting galactus, i feel like curling up and saying " mommy make the bad man stop hurting us"
  • TxMoose
    Der_Lex wrote:

Really weak list of buffed characters overall, although buffed Cage might help in the later nodes.
    not sure if i agree - cage, panther, and cap are not weak. looks like fist will be used many times with panther and cage boosted, and might break out witch/mnmags/cap for some action too.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I just hope it wont be such a disaster like G1.
  • Stupid question: Can I make a 1 man alliance just to try and farm this for progression?
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Not much in the way of board shakers icon_e_confused.gif
  • Der_Lex
    TxMoose wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

not sure if i agree - cage, panther, and cap are not weak. looks like fist will be used many times with panther and cage boosted, and might break out witch/mnmags/cap for some action too.

Those will all be great in the nodes, but for the later rounds of Galactus, Cap and Cage are too slow and Panther's strongest power does team damage, so it won't be of much use. Likewise, we've gone from a buffed 4* with a big damage power to Mr Fantastic, who is utterly useless since Galactus can't be stunned.

It really seems like the devs have done what they could to nip last round's strategies in the bud. No boosted GSBW or SW means no Charlie's Angels, and no buffed Captain Marvel and buffed Hulk make any strategies in later rounds that have them taking damage to fuel other powers a lot harder if not impossible as well.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should pour one out for the hamster now.

Dead_Hamster_logo.png
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course Hulk is buffed. Of course he is.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great... the buff order lists Cyclops (Classic), Black Panther, THEN Mr. Fantastic. With that 4/3/4... ordering, that looks to confirm Cyclops is replacing the "always Jean Grey" node.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Der_Lex wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Those will all be great in the nodes, but for the later rounds of Galactus, Cap and Cage are too slow and Panther's strongest power does team damage, so it won't be of much use. Likewise, we've gone from a buffed 4* with a big damage power to Mr Fantastic, who is utterly useless since Galactus can't be stunned.

It really seems like the devs have done what they could to nip last round's strategies in the bud. No boosted GSBW or SW means no Charlie's Angels, and no buffed Captain Marvel and buffed Hulk make any strategies in later rounds that have them taking damage to fuel other powers a lot harder if not impossible as well.

Sad but true. With all of the complaining about the first run not being fun and chewying through everyone's resources, the devs then went in and reviewed what teams were effective and made sure to neuter them for this one. I guess they didn't meet their heath pack sales quota on the last run. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TxMoose
    there was talk about balancing it to where multiple strategies would work. maybe they adjusted cds/ap gain/health to where other, non-broken, strategies might be viable?

i know pie in the sky... can only hope for the best, expect the worst.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:
    Stupid question: Can I make a 1 man alliance just to try and farm this for progression?

You can try, but you probably won't hit the progression. Galactus has less health per node in the early rounds, and you can only fight him 5-6 times per 8 hour period. In round 8, you could get 32,000*6 every 8 hours. In round 1, you could only get 8000*6 in that same window.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    There are no strong red or black users so that effectively **** the Marvel strategy used in Round 8 of the last Galactus run.

No one but whales have 4* Cyclops ready to use. Panther has a great black but not so hot against a single target. Steve Rogers and Mohawk are too slow to go against Galactus.

We're in trouble.
This discussion has been closed.