CD Tiles Flash

Jam_Adams
Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
just realized after 365 days (seriously, i get my first dino cover tomorrow) that when switching between at least two enemies with CD tiles on the board, the CD tiles belonging to the person you are switching to will ''pulse''.

I was switching between the Thug and the Hitman in Simulator Round 3 Node 3, when i saw the Thug's Threaten and Tommy Gun tiles flash, then when i switched to the Hitman, his Covering Fire CDs would flash.

who knew? is this a new thing or did I seriously miss this for _literally_ a full calendar year? I guess it's quasi more convenient than clicking on each individual CD to see what it is exactly.

Comments

• SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    The change was implemented literally about a year ago to my recollection.

Don't feel bad; I recalled that there was a way to see which CD tiles belonged to whom... but it took me a try or two to figure out just HOW to make it work. icon_redface.gif
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    really? why i never notice those tiles flashing?
    it's really good if so, i am getting tired to check their stats every time
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need to switch targets if you just want to check the character in front. Bringing up their info panel and then dismissing it will cause their countdowns to pulse.

The game needs more visual aids like this for phone players. Pulsing colors/numbers on the enemy AP list, just off the top of my head.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played for a couple months before noticing this. Before that I was just killing off goons and praying the lowest countdowns would go away.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for this. Also a year, and still hadn't noticed.

(Maybe they could mention this in the tutorial?)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it was awful before knowing that a Tommy Gun was about to ruin your day and not knowing which of the 3 Muscles you were fighting it belonged to.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    just realized after 365 days (seriously, i get my first dino cover tomorrow) that when switching between at least two enemies with CD tiles on the board, the CD tiles belonging to the person you are switching to will ''pulse''.

I was switching between the Thug and the Hitman in Simulator Round 3 Node 3, when i saw the Thug's Threaten and Tommy Gun tiles flash, then when i switched to the Hitman, his Covering Fire CDs would flash.

who knew? is this a new thing or did I seriously miss this for _literally_ a full calendar year? I guess it's quasi more convenient than clicking on each individual CD to see what it is exactly.

TBH I only figured this out about two months ago when I was playing one of those long ninja survival nodes in EotS.

Such a lifesaver when you are playing against three goons of the same type and you don't know which goon needs to be killed or stunned to prevent the CD.