Am I going crazy? Jean Grey passive glitch

tanis3303
tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I only recently got my Jean maxed, and now that I'm using her, I've noticed something odd...when Jean is on the AI's team, and you make a match 5, the AI gets to make 2 free moves before your team unstuns. However, when Jean is on my side, and the AI triggers a match 5, I only get a single move before their team unstuns. I checked the other teams JG, she's built 5/3/5, just like mine is...am I missing something here? Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me... I have this glitch/bug whatever you call it.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Should post this in the bug section so someone important might notice it. I don't recall if this happens to me too, but it sounds possible.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yea, I did. I've been experimenting with it, and it seems completely random as to how many free turns you actually get when the power fires. In fact, in one game I had it give the AI two free turns for one match 5 I made and only one for another. Something is definitely rotten in Denmark...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you understanding stuns correctly? I think there is a common misconception about how stunned turns are counted, and the fact that there's not really any good keywords or explanation of the stun mechanism doesn't help.

IIRC, stuns count down at the start of the turn of the character/team that created the stun (like countdown tiles). Jean's passive triggers during the opponent phase, so it goes a little something like this:

Opponent Turn. Someone makes a match 5, Jean's passive activates and opponent team is stunned. This immediately ends their turn. [Stun Count: 2]
    Friendly Turn. Team activates, the stun created by Jean is decremented by 1. [Stun Count: 1]
    Opponent Turn. Turn immediately resolves, since stunned characters cannot perform any actions. [Stun Count: 1]
    Friendly Turn. Team activates, the stun created by Jean is decremented by 1. [Stun Count: 0]
    Opponent Turn. Characters should now be able to perform actions, unless you've stunned or KO'd them in the previous turn.

I could be wrong and stun count is decremented in the end phase of the stunned character rather than the start phase of the stunner, but that's arguing semantics, since phase/activation order is static.

Anyway, "Stuns the enemy team for 2 turns" means the friendly team gets 1 "unanswered" turn, not 2, because after the 2nd turn, the stun has worn off and the enemy team gets to activate again. Hopefully that explains it and I haven't just confused the situation even more.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't it depend on how the crit is created. If it's created on using an ability then the first turn missed is when they would have moved the board after using the ability (effectively 1 turn as the stun counts down from 2 when control is handed to the player). If the crit is created when the AI moves the board the the stun is applied at the end of the AI turn before the extra turn is given. That gives a 2 turn stun. You're more likely to see a stun from ability so the 2 turn case appears to be rarer.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please keep this conversation going so it can be addressed, use the existing thread in the Bugs subforum, thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33952
This discussion has been closed.