More MPQ stats: Top 5 powers

GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Once again from the MPQ news letter:
What were the Top 5 abilities fired in the past 90 days?
They were:
Storm (Classic) - Wind Storm
Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Mjolnir's Might
Iron Man (Model 35) - Repulsor Blast
Black Wido (Original) - Espionage
Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Thunder Strike.

I left their typo in because it's funny.

Lke the last one, it's an example of where the player base mostly resides, which is firmly in 2* land.

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

That's her on-match passive. While it surprises me that it is tracked as a fired power, what really amazes me is that her purple and blue don't make it into the list while Storm's more expensive Windstorm does.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:

That's her on-match passive. While it surprises me that it is tracked as a fired power, what really amazes me is that her purple and blue don't make it into the list while Storm's more expensive Windstorm does.

For DDQ, I often run Ares-OBW-cStorm, positioned correctly OBW tanks blue so it collects faster to get Windstorm off. I'm guessing many a person is running a similar dynamic, presumably with Thor.
  • What amazes me is that Thor, Storm, and OBW are _good_ 2*s. What the heck is IM35 doing there!??
  • What amazes me is that Thor, Storm, and OBW are _good_ 2*s. What the heck is IM35 doing there!??

Just my opinion, but when I started I was convinced that IM35 was awesome and only an idiot would roster Juggs, let alone use him. Oh yeah, and I also had no OBW or Ares on my roster. I know, I know.

Even after I came to the forum, where there were a bunch of folks who really knew what they were talking about, I still resisted. I mean, it's IRON MAN, right?

Flash forward to now, and I don't even remember using IM35, and Juggs, well, yeah, he's not going anywhere. icon_lol.gif

tl;dr: If you don't know what you don't know, IM35 seems like a decent option.

DBC
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I still use IM35 (with 1* Storm and 1* Spider-Man) in DDQ's first node.
  • Surprised Jugs isn't on the list. I know a lot of people who only save 1 1* roster slot and use him to get through the DDQ each day.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    darthpoo wrote:
    Surprised Jugs isn't on the list. I know a lot of people who only save 1 1* roster slot and use him to get through the DDQ each day.

Casual players/fans want to be a hero, not a villain, even if said villain one of the best 1*
  • Eddiemon wrote:

For DDQ, I often run Ares-OBW-cStorm, positioned correctly OBW tanks blue so it collects faster to get Windstorm off. I'm guessing many a person is running a similar dynamic, presumably with Thor.

That's my 2* team also (same position and all).
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    What gets me is that I use 2* Storm in DDQ every day, in two, often three of the nodes. . . and I still can't tell which one is Wind Storm and which one is Lightning Storm without looking it up.
  • darthpoo wrote:
    Surprised Jugs isn't on the list. I know a lot of people who only save 1 1* roster slot and use him to get through the DDQ each day.

I'm one of those people.

A bit embarrassing that I had three 1*s doing the job of one for ages, but hey, I can learn! icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Thor, OBW and Storm everyday in the 2* DDQ nodes and IM35 (with Jugs) in the 1* node so I use every power on this list.