PvP opponent strength during Anniversary

Been on the fence about whether to post this, I did some levelling of my top characters from 114 to 127 right at the beginning of anniversary events, and have noticed a sharp, seemingly disproportionate, increase in levels on opponents I'm being given.

I want to get a feel for whether this is just MMR/scaling or whether because it's anniversary more rosters at higher levels are competing in PvP.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in opponent rosters during the anniversary events?
Especially interested in anyone whose rosters are in (or close to) levels 110 - 130: Have you seen a sudden increase in maxed (166) rosters below the 500 points mark in PvP?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see them after the first introduction round now. I'm exactly where you're at, with several low 100 3 stars replacing my 94 2 stars, but even before I scored a surfer, my battles scaled up way to high almost instantly and now with a SS cover I get fully leveled up 4 stars in the second or third round. If I didn't have the iso to spare for skipping, I would not be able to compete at all.
  • smkspy wrote:
    I see them after the first introduction round now. I'm exactly where you're at, with several low 100 3 stars replacing my 94 2 stars, but even before I scored a surfer, my battles scaled up way to high almost instantly and now with a SS cover I get fully leveled up 4 stars in the second or third round. If I didn't have the iso to spare for skipping, I would not be able to compete at all.

Thanks for being the first response. I'm glad I'm not the only one! At least this gives hope for a return to normal service once 'festivities' draw to a close.

Anyone else seen this suddenly increase at the start of anniversary?
  • defixu
    defixu Posts: 32
    Class of 2015 had a ridiculous amount of characters boosted, so your boosted levels were probably around 166.
  • found it about the same