How do you cope?

cyineedsn
cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anniversary token gave me a 6th red for my 5/0/0 xfdp. I mostly cope by screaming KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. How do you guys deal?

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I came into the anniversary with 5 purple Devil Dino covers. I pulled two purple Devil Dino covers this event so far. Still only 1 red and 3 green.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I can beat that! For both of the two long, 7 day PVE events that have run since the legendary tokens were available (Hulk and ISO Bros), I've got my 6th and 7th XFW yellow cover from those progression tokens. Both times I had to put the iPad down and walk away for while.

(yeah I know, first world problems icon_redface.gif )
  • cyineedsn wrote:
    Anniversary token gave me a 6th red for my 5/0/0 xfdp. I mostly cope by screaming KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. How do you guys deal?

Alcohol.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    cyineedsn wrote:

At least you can shout Khan with no repercussions, my girlfriend thought I had a vendetta with her bff (I admit, I do) however the reference/joke is lost on her. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I got a pretty weak roster, so when I drew two Hulk Smashes in a row, when all I need was his Black, I gave out a pretty big. "C'mooooooooooon"

Which is probably pretty low key for this forum.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Grantosium wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

Alcohol.

Lots of it.
  • Marty17 wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

At least you can shout Khan with no repercussions, my girlfriend thought I had a vendetta with her bff (I admit, I do) however the reference/joke is lost on her. icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you look forward to wiping out in PvP matches against a team running KK? Gives you some excuse, right?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    How do you guys deal?

3-4 hours a day of mindlessly matching tiles and launching powers.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Grantosium wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

Do you look forward to wiping out in PvP matches against a team running KK? Gives you some excuse, right?

Funnily enough she claims the in game image (KK giving the peace sign) has similar looks to her. So I can't win either way if I curse an artwork that slightly resembles her icon_e_confused.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    I came into the anniversary with 5 purple Devil Dino covers. I pulled two purple Devil Dino covers this event so far. Still only 1 red and 3 green.

At least you're getting SOME Dino covers.
    Last year I got NONE from tokens. The only one I got was a single Purple as a t100 reward in the only PVP event that rewarded him. So mine is a measly 1 1 2 only because of the daily login bonus.
    So far I've had equally terrible luck pre and post drop rate adjustments, with only one or two redundant 3 stars from this year's tokens.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kinda feel like Joker in 89 batman, I keep getting **** and then I face off against these amazing teams, and I'm like "where do they get those wonderful toys!"
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:

Would you rather have a 5/0/0 XFDP or 4 covers of PX, all in his purple?

Cuz every cover of Professor X I pull is his purple. icon_e_wink.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    With lots and lots of stark salaries?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    The shift to blind luck to pull chars in this game is 'destroying' me. Still 0 devil dinos, not even one (I just have pulled 1 RR after opening 30+ tokens).

And then my last legendary has given me my 6th red cover for Carnage (he is 5/2/3). I have pulled 8 out of 16 usable covers. I need around 60% covers and I have just pulled 1 SS and 0 OML.

Now luck is more important than any other thing to get 4s (I consider being 1-2 in PvP or PvE impossible). I am 100% that if this continues I will abandon this game after 2 years. I am quite unlucky pulling any thing random, and it is bringing me down.

So in my case I cope with 'depression' icon_e_sad.gif
  • I caved in to mine the final cover for Devil Dinosaur, but before that when I was just using tokens I pulled a 4* Deadpool, a Jean Grey, and a Star-Lord so I couldn't really complain about not getting them at the start.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before they created new ways to earn 4*s, I had the best luck pulling X-Force.
    Trouble was it was always yellow. Until the new stuff I was sitting on a 2/1/5 X-Force wolvie for about a year. If I ever got a 4* it was likely Fury or IW...or X-Force Yellow. Got about 8 of the damn things at least so far.
  • colwag wrote:
    I got a pretty weak roster, so when I drew two Hulk Smashes in a row, when all I need was his Black, I gave out a pretty big. "C'mooooooooooon"

Which is probably pretty low key for this forum.

Similar experience here today. Finally saw the glorious shining GOLD as my anniversary token opened…

Loki green! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Go to roster him, it's grayed out… go to his page…

I needed BLACK! Aaaaaaaaaaaack! I actually said "Nooooooooo!" out loud.

Meh, it's still cool to get Golds. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    "Khaaaaaaaaaan!" except with Mooooooonstone! Maybe the occasional "Why have you forsaken me, RNGesus?"