Health Regeneration of High Health Characters

notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
As I am sure everyone is aware, a character with more health requires more time to get back to full health than a character with lower health, unless they have special regenerative powers like Carnage and Wolverine and Blade. This wasn't such a big deal in the two star world due to maximum health being lower and possible to replenish on its own within 3 hours or so. Even in 3 star land before the health boost, it wasn't crazy. But now with these high health characters in 4 star land and boosted 3 star health, it is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 5 hours to get a character back to full health regardless of how much health they have. Each character, except those with healing powers like those mentioned above, should all have a standard healing time of 3 hours. As characters are balanced assuming they have full health, it isn't fair to take that away by making a lower health character more useful more often due to quicker healing.

The 3 hour healing time is because that is the shortest shield length, and it is only fair that if you shield and don't use a character, they will be all ready to go when you unshield later. The time to heal is still long enough that people can't grind PvE forever. It just makes the game more fun and the higher health characters more useful.

What do you say, Agents?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It annoys me that Luke Cage takes like 5 hours to heal! While I agree with you, the point is they want us to use/buy healthpacks. But to be fair, the recent new characters come with TRUE healing: Silver Surfer and OML (Understandly for the new tier), Mr. Fantastic, XForce Deadpool. We may see more true healing return.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't looked or done the math to verify this, but the all-3 hour timer is actually a balance change because you're talking about the amount of health that gets regenerated in 3 hours. I assume currently that a 5,000 health character regenerates twice as fast as a 10,000 health character because that's double the HP. If you make tanks regenerate just as fast as lowbies, then you've affected balance insofar as those tanks will now cost fewer health packs (making them more desirable).
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait till u see HB take 1 hour 45 minutes to resurrection sickness to end, and have to regenerate his health back in 10 hours. lol all 10 health packs can resupply before he does.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    The whole "True Healing" debacle was to remove team-wide true healing.
    They didn't want people to use OBW to top off their health and have their A Team with almost max health over and over again. As a result, Team Heal abilities are really not that great and took a huge hit in usefulness. Only Kamala Kahn is useful, and that's mostly because it's a passive.

Of course, we didn't have Beast, Original Green She Hulk, or Kamala Kahn back then (might be forgetting one or two others), so there were only two choices for Team Healing, OBW and 3 star Spiderman. It would be very interesting to see what the meta would be like if the concept of "True Healing" was removed and everyone just healed for real again. Lord knows Beast & Spiderman could use some type of improvement, especially 3 star Spidey. At least Beast is somewhat useful when boosted, even if only against non-boosted opponents.

But on topic, these value were tweaked when the True Healing nerf came down, and at least Hulk doesn't take 8+ hours to fully heal, but still. Luke Cage taking 5+ hours to heal is a bit much. Wonder how things would go if there was a max recovery time of say 4 hours regardless of a character's max Hit Points.

Just wondering, currently how long does a max level Devil Dinosaur or Hulkbuster take to heal?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's a thread around here that gives healing time for every character, but I can't find the dang thing.

I think 4* Thor takes about 16 hours to heal, though...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think there's a thread around here that gives healing time for every character, but I can't find the dang thing.

I think 4* Thor takes about 16 hours to heal, though...

Haha, that is crazy if that is accurate. God of Thunder taking longer to recover than Doc Oc.