Iceman Cometh

DEWDuck
DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know it was posted, but is now deep and buried, but does anyone have an update as to when Iceman will be added to tokens and which ones?

Thought it was supposed to be last week to heroics and one would think he would be in Anniversary as well.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're about the 20th person to ask and it hasn't been answered. I'd expect him to be added at the beginning of next season. I'm sitting on 18 heroics waiting for it like 18 is enough to hit that 0.02% chance of the one character I really want. icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soon.. very soon.. very likely soon icon_e_biggrin.gif

tumblr_n2pzwz0ueV1rrkahjo1_250.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    The original plan was the next regular season. Some people on the forum coerced IceIX into trying to get it in for the Anniversary. Ice apparently wasn't successful in making the change in time.
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Getting so tired of waiting. I wish a dev would just answer the question.

But that would be straight forward and actually helpful.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Iceman will be added into packs at the beginning of season 20. Source is Ice on Line.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    Iceman will be added into packs at the beginning of season 20. Source is Ice on Line.

Yeesh. Sounds like "Line" IceIX is directly countering "Forum" IceIX. Trying to look for link - wasn't it IceIX that said Iceman would be in tokens during anniversary, and Cyclops (and likely Hulk, depending on timing) would be in tokens beginning of S20?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yeesh. Sounds like "Line" IceIX is directly countering "Forum" IceIX.
    Those guys hate each other. You should hear how they talk about each other behind their backs...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Yeesh. Sounds like "Line" IceIX is directly countering "Forum" IceIX. Trying to look for link - wasn't it IceIX that said Iceman would be in tokens during anniversary, and Cyclops (and likely Hulk, depending on timing) would be in tokens beginning of S20?

IceX and IceIX have both been said to have told us this.. hmm..
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did a quick search, first came this:
    IceIX wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Question:

Is Iceman being added to the Legendary packs for the Anniversary, or do we have to wait until Season 20?
    Any comment on this?
    The 4*s will be added as of Season 20. The Anniversary is a "season", but we're not counting it as one for purposes of token housekeeping. Also, to answer another question above, we're not going to be running the 20 person leaderboard LRs this time around.

Then a couple hours later, this:
    IceIX wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    so for season 20, getting added to all token chances are iceman, 4cyc, and rulk and to the legs, the new 5* as well. wow, that's a lot of adding. have to wait 2 weeks....man this is hard lol
    Current plans:
    Monday - New 5* (post daily patch/R85 going required) goes into Legendaries
    Anniversary - Iceman goes into packs
    Season 20 - Cyclops/Red Hulk go into packs

I'm not 100% on Red Hulk for Season 20 due to the way events overlap.

Looks like they tried to change the original plan but didn't get the "switch flipped" icon_e_wink.gif

Both quotes are from the MPQ Sneak Peak thread for October if anyone cares.