New Galactus Gameplay Mechanic

_Ryu_
_Ryu_ Posts: 149
Just read this in some replys as a side node and liked it instantly.

Reverse Wave Battles against Galactus

Which means, you choose 3x3 teams and send them into battle against galactus, everytime one group is defeated next combo pops in to continue the fight!
This would be a lot of comic style were all heroes and villains fight to gather to save earth, you can send in your best avengers, x-men, hero for hire, whatever team in to fight against mighty galactus.

For example, the mechanic can maybe like this, you give him 100k infighting health and let your alliance fight him down as usual. Counterside at the end of one fight you may have 9 (if you have a deep roster with 2*s, 3*s and/or 4*s you should go a couple of rounds before your complete roster is defeated) knocked down characters, but a lot more playtime against galactus.

And in the end Silver Surfer pops up and saves the day (^_^)

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    So in this new model I watch 9 of my characters getting killed in rounds 4,5 and 6 while I can do two more rounds of match damage to Galactus. I'm not sure this really fixes the problem, it just becomes a bigger health pack drain. If it was against Ultron, so you can choose who you sacrifice to the bombs, that would be an interesting mechanic, against Galactus it just feels like a mass extinction event.
    Maybe round 2 will have 28AP blackflag.png Galactus devours the world. Kills everyone on your roster and drains all your health packs.