Should D3 rerun an improved anniversary? Poll!

Azoic
Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so I think most players would agree that this anniversary was a complete flop--horrible Galactus fight, server crashes galore, the weekend staff turning scaling on the satellite nodes over the weekend crash, horrible token odds on most the tokens earned through half the event, forgetting to turn double iso on LRs. And let's not forget that the two anniversary pvps thus far have offered Electra and IW...two of the worst and least wanted characters in the game.

So D3 offers 2k iso for server issues (half a 4* lvl...yay), a few tokens with the improved odds, and 5k iso for LR problems. But this is nothing compared to the rewards we would have earned if the event had been run properly.

This is supposed to be a celebration!!! NYCC is over. No more excuses. I recommend that D3 rerun the anniversary as it should have been. More tokens, more prizes, more iso so we can level up our favorite characters. Yes, even rerun Galactus R1 so people have the chance to earn cyclops without being killed on turn 3. Yes, more people might have covers than you intended, but that is ok! It is just once a year.

The fanbase is upset. Time to extend some goodwill rather than miniscule rewards that do not compare to what could have been.

Mod Edit: Changed Topic Name to accurately reflect content, and obtain more results
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    There have certainly been issues with almost all of the events so far. However, the anniversary isn't even really half over. Can't we at least wait until we've seen all there is before we start calling for a do-over? Maybe the DD PvP will be really fun. Maybe their retooling of the Galactus event will actually be fun to play. Maybe the devil dino 4* DDQ will be against a level 15 bagman with the big kick me sign. I'm not exactly holding my breath that any of these things will come to pass. But at least give them the next 5 days to make it up to us before deciding the whole thing was a big waste.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I voted yes, but only if they rerun it right.

They still seem to have trouble figuring out what people want.
  • i voted no, but only beacuse "Oh God NO, please NO, Just make this terrible joke of a celebration end before i gouge my eyes out" was not an option.

Everyone Ready for Run 2 of Galactus Thursday? icon_e_wink.gif

easy...marc
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. It's not like they were perfect the first time.

Last year's anniversary they ran the old Venom: Heroic in the middle of it (which got the pitchforks out in full force), forgot to load Dino rewards into at least one of the PvP events, and IIRC also forgot double ISO for at least one event. It's lauded as the best time the game ever had.

There was more positivity back then overall, but that strikes me as more a function of the forums as a whole and not necessarily the events themselves.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I want to get back to a regular season again.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Yes last year's Anniversary had its bumps too.
    But the last week of it was incredible with double iso LR with above average rewards.
    This Anniversary has been one failure after the other.
    Galactus, Black Vortex, no double iso LR.
    To truly save this it seems like both the devs an the players need a do-over.
    I understand it is probably not easy to schedule this all over again but can I suggest a re-run in the first week of December when Santa Hulk could come and leave all the MPQ kiddies some cool toys?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you give your significant other a second, improved anniversary if you screwed up so badly on the first one that it made them so mad they wanted to leave you?
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    I voted "No". They had a year to review the 1st anniversary event and plan for it appropriately yet the end result was this mess. Something as simple as making sure the lightening rounds pay double ISO and making sure that removing the cover rewards in the PvP events functioned properly were missed. Do you really think that if they threw together another anniversary event in a matter of days the end result would be good? Sorry, it's time to move on. I'd rather have the dev team focus their energy on fixing long outstanding issues such as resolving the issues with displayed point values for a match being completely inaccurate or fixing the app crashing far too frequently.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    272cfde26b2109054a99dace659056029a7c5fcb816c2decf77ebf0729e2cf8d.jpg
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    bf3df026ca43f4a7e6dcc67df523eadfeed912c1f0a11fc3ff45bb58cc112327.jpg
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    And now WoM isnt giving any iso from any node. Thanks D3.
  • Great suggestion by Colog!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Friday deals (haha) ... is it possible to discount a specific character / cover?

yAY! 80% off of Yelena, Bagman, IM40 & Star-Lord! Better get in line now, you don't want to miss it!
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    This anniv has been a flop and I have no confidence that they could get it right any time soon. They have had 2 years to perfect what happens every day. I admit they have made vast improvements but we're still at the 'good enough' stage. You expect that rerunning this in a week or a month from now will have any significant improvements?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein.

Please pass the ketchup, I think I'll go to bed! Daffy Duck