Simulator 2 Cyc/Jean/Storm OP

I'm not normally one to complain, but the final match of Simulator 2 has so many ways to hamper the opponent, it is ranging on broken and impossible. Having Jean and Storm together takes away two major facets of the game that a player can take advantage of to have a fighting chance (that being high damage and crits). Combining that with Cyclops' ability to pretty much create red AP at will with Called Shot (I'm not sure how the AI is programmed, but I've faced the team 4 times now with 4 different set ups and I can't remember any time he did not get at least 5 AP from it) makes him a monster for damage that can wipe the board by himself in some of my situations. My main team that I've been using is Kamala Kahn, 3* Thor, and 1* Black Widow because it seems to be the only way that I can hope to stun any one of them long enough to be able to do anything without it immediately getting shot back in my face by way of Jean punishing me for a crit or Storm punishing me for dealing substantial damage. Even when I do get Storm off the board I have to be VERY careful about how I work around Jean because the LAST thing I want to do is accidentally score a Crit and end up stunned for the next two turns. If you guys have any suggestions about a basic strategy that I'm not seeing that could be applied to increase my chances of survival, that would be amazing. But as of right now, I have to say that this set-up this late in the simulator and at those levels is just unwinnable.

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    My A Team for this sim has been icon_blackpanther.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_hood.png
    For Sim 05 though it's been icon_blackpanther.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_ironfist.png

My basic strategy for most of this sim has been icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png , followed up by icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png , which gets the Strike Tile bonuses for all the cascades and Match-4 & Match-5's you'll get.
    The follow it up with icon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png for like 4.5K to the entire team, and if anything is left, a icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png for like 6K to the entire team and game over. It was how I pounded through Sim 07 in Round 1 somewhat easily.
    Heh, anyone remember the initial damage on icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png back when he was first released?

For Sim 07, I am very careful with when I use icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png to not trigger icon_jeangrey.png's blueflag.png passive. Also try and deny Red & Yellow like crazy, but I also want it because of icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png. icon_hood.png's AP drain helps a lot here. I would imagine any AP drain or stun would help. I'd say Blade possibly, but you might make enough strike tiles such that even normal matches trigger icon_storm.png's yellowflag.png passive. For stunning, there's always icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png .

Sim 07 is no joke, but I actually found the fight before it, Sim 06, to be much harder.
    icon_kingpin.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_ironfist.png

Yikes!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    My basic strategy for most of this sim has been icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png , followed up by icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png , which gets the Strike Tile bonuses for all the cascades and Match-4 & Match-5's you'll get.
    Spamming those match-5's isn't the best strategy against a lv349 Jean, but if a 4.5k AOE is wiping out the whole team, something tells me your scaling isn't anything like that.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was his general strategy. He went on to say that he carefully avoided match-5's and denied red and yellow.

I used LThor/KK/BP since they're all boosted and I have them fully covered. I used match damage and occasionally Thor's redflag.png to bring Storm down to the point where Call the Storm would down her. Her passive hurts, but once you start rolling out abilities, KK negates the damage. Then I worked on building up CtS again while saving RotP as a finisher. (If you down Cyclops with it, it still gives the other team red, but Jean can't use it.)
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Spamming those match-5's isn't the best strategy against a lv349 Jean, but if a 4.5k AOE is wiping out the whole team, something tells me your scaling isn't anything like that.

Agreed, it's not. My opposing levels for Sim 07 are "only" 258 currently.
    That will probably change when I have to eventually recruit the Red Silver Surfer AND Black OML I have waiting in my list from some "lucky" legendary tokens...
  • I thought I had it bad with 239 JG... but then again I pretty much run 3*'s through everything... after scouring some more boards for advice I stockpiled Purple before the match started and hit them with whales, since I had a lot of DP points saved and I had never used it so I never knew it was pretty much the "I win" button...