How do the cover pulls work?

Options
Afrocigar
Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been playing awhile, day 109. Getting Heroic or Standard recruits is pointless for me. Having me pull IM, Thor, Hawkeye, oh gosh Yelena and BW again. Please just give me the ISO! You guys have to install a better system than this. It's really lost any appeal. I need Hulk Red, Invis Woman, Punisher, IM40 Blue, Dare Devil Blue. If it isn't one of those please don't waste my time having to win a Standard Recruit, open it, then sell it for 100 measly ISO.

Is something else in the works?

Comments

• Why would something else be in the works as an alternative to the current cover system? Usually another award in a PVE is 100 ISO, so why not take a token for 100 ISO guarantee or a chance at something better?

I think it's great, I still occasionally get 3*/4* characters from standard recruit tokens, and i'm excited when I get something I need, otherwise ISO.
  • Afrocigar
    Options
    What I would like is, instead of pulling my umpteenth Yelena, just give me the ISO. Why waset my time havng me claim a worthless Heroic or Standard Hero?
  • Afrocigar wrote:
    What I would like is, instead of pulling my umpteenth Yelena, just give me the ISO. Why waset my time havng me claim a worthless Heroic or Standard Hero?

Ok, but if they automatically convert maxed characters to ISO, what happens to those players who build multiple versions of the same character?
  • Afrocigar
    Options
    Afrocigar wrote:

Ok, but if they automatically convert maxed characters to ISO, what happens to those players who build multiple versions of the same character?

And that's why people talk! Good point Sir... Table that then
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Options
    Afrocigar wrote:

To put it in a different tone: claiming tokens and converting them to ISO is a big waste of time in UI. This I can agree to. It's very simple to remedy this. Just make it simpler/faster and most people will be happier, even if you do have to manually claim and sell it. But I guess it serves a purpose to dazzle the new players with the "awesome" "NEW REWARD" screen for the first 20~ minutes of gameplay. After that, it's just: "urggh, why does this take so long?".

Same for leveling up characters, honestly, I see no purpose to put ISO into a character unless it levels it up other than to give an illusion of progression. I have never put ISO into a character unless it would level it up, except by accident. I see no reason why anyone else would and this is just a waste of time. Feigning progression never did anything for me, not sure how others feel about it.

Oops, derailed there a bit. To go back to the main point. Lots of time wasted during action on UI in the game in general. Particularly in token claiming and selling. Prone to accidents on token purchase (am sure we've all been there). Can be changed simply I believe, unless there is a reason to keep it that way.
  • Yup, you should be able to claim and then recruit/train/sell all on the same screen.
  • Malificant
    Malificant Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This sort of problem is exactly where a crafting system could come in handy. Something like junking 5 1*s for a random 2*, 3 identical covers for a different power for the same character, etc. You could get very creative with the recipes, and make it feel more like you're still working towards something you want when you get your 85 Hawken cover.
  • I think a 'sell all' button (with a confirmation notice) in the roster queue would go a long way in remedying this.

Also, if the devs had some more foresight, they wold realize that if they allowed us to use extra covers to convert them into extra MAX HP for our character, we wouldn't be so quick to trash our one star and two star heroes as they fall out of favor. Which means we need more HP ($) to buy cover slots