Something has got to give

I'm currently at day 378. That means that I had joined the game right around anniversary week. The reason for which I'm at day 378 is probably due to the anniversary week we had last year. It was fun. Lots of rewards. And by lots of rewards I mean lots of rewards. Lightning rounds were amazing. Tokens gave out 3* after 3*.

Fast forward 1 year and here we are. My alliance completed round 7 of Galactus (the struggle was real). It was a mess. Out of all the anniversary tokens that I received, not a single 3* and up. I'm currently a 4* transitioning player and it sucks to open tokens after tokens and to get the same 2*s one after the other. Somethings gotta give D3. You can't be this stringent on the distribution of covers. The main bottleneck of this game is ISO (and it's one helluva bottleneck indeed). You can't keep giving out 2*s to everyone. I understand that theres a large number of new players considering it's anniversary week but regardless of that you also have a large number of 1 year+ players. Thos players no longer need the 2*s.

By giving out covers that everyone needs (3* and UP) during your anniversary week can't hurt you. At all. The meta won't be broken cause players have started covering characters they actually need.

This anniversary has been a disappointment up to now, however I still believe things will get better. I just hope that you take into consideration the many ideas that have been posted in these forums (ie: new 3* and + tokens)

PS: I really thought you'd surprise us and give us a one press button or slider to level up our characters. Still waiting on that icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• Furious1
    Furious1 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    There are bunch of topics on the first page complaining about token, but I will choose this to reply to.

I am disappointed to see I am not the only one feeling like this. Over the last month, I have opened over 20 heroic, anniversary, and other gold tokens, and not 1 single 3* or better. I hoarded 30 tacos, both sweet and savory, and only health packs and 2* characters only.

I don't know if they changed something in the chances of getting 3* or we are all just getting unlucky all of the sudden, but the system is broken. I'm glad I haven't spent money since they did that foolish a/b vault testing. My interest in this game has gone down to where I only play for the big enchilada each day.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you really are in the 4* transition, you should get used to tokens not being useful. 4* players know that tokens have very little to do with progression, except for Legendaries of course. I have a 98-99% chance to get nothing helpful in a Heroic token. So I have no reason to have any expectations from a token.

That's one of the changes that happens when your roster gets filled out. Tokens and 3* rewards become less useful. You go longer and longer between events that have rewards you need. It's not something wrong with the game, it's just the consequence of your roster getting better. (Unless you're arguing for more new characters, in which case, 99% of the forum would like to have a word with you.)
  • scottee wrote:
    If you really are in the 4* transition, you should get used to tokens not being useful. 4* players know that tokens have very little to do with progression, except for Legendaries of course. I have a 98-99% chance to get nothing helpful in a Heroic token. So I have no reason to have any expectations from a token.

That's one of the changes that happens when your roster gets filled out. Tokens and 3* rewards become less useful. You go longer and longer between events that have rewards you need. It's not something wrong with the game, it's just the consequence of your roster getting better. (Unless you're arguing for more new characters, in which case, 99% of the forum would like to have a word with you.)

I agree for sure- I am in the same boat. My 3* roster is basically complete- I am only missing a few random covers here and there- but my 4* roster is super weak. I have a fully covered Fury and IW, and not bad on XForce- and then the only ones with more than 1-2 covers are Elektra, Devil Dino and Thoress. My 2/3/2 Thoress was no match for Ragnarok on the last DDQ 4* (after like 15 tries with various boosts wasted in the middle of trying to beat Galactus, ugh!)

I am now in a similar spot I was in a year and a half ago except then it was 2*-3*. I ended up with TONS of iso just waiting for me to have 3* covers so I could move people up levels. At one point I even wasted a bunch on regular tokens just to try out for some 3* covers.

The point is- tokens are a spin of the roulette wheel. Going in expecting something you need is a disappointing way to open them. I've twice now saved up 30 DDQ tokens- the first time I scored a legendary token- the 2nd time I got jack squat.

The problem I have is this- in my previous position- I could place top 100 and keep getting 3* covers to help me transition rather than waiting on tokens to randomly help me out. Now that means top 1 position, or grinding so hard to get the legendary progression. And not that it's anyone's problem- but I'm a 35 year old office worker who doesn't have time to grind every PVE node 4 times per refresh. So the going is slow. And no new 3* characters have shown up in forever because now people only car about 4 and 5.

The game is just difficult to play at these later stages without being a hardcore grinder. I used to be in a top 100 alliance but I had to bow out because I wasn't pulling enough weight when there were all these new 4*'s coming out and everyone was going insane to place high enough to get them.

It's just not as fun anymore when I am grinding for a random chance from a token. Especially when I have so far to go with most of these 4* covers. (you can see my roster here if you're interested- http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/ddvrom/)

I know the recent changes and legendary tokens have made it easier to get 4* characters- but it's still not that easy. And with the 3* roster of characters seemingly stalled while 4* and 5* land are filled out, it kinda stinks right now.

Any who... just whining.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    ddvrom wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I agree for sure- I am in the same boat. My 3* roster is basically complete- I am only missing a few random covers here and there- but my 4* roster is super weak. I have a fully covered Fury and IW, and not bad on XForce- and then the only ones with more than 1-2 covers are Elektra, Devil Dino and Thoress. My 2/3/2 Thoress was no match for Ragnarok on the last DDQ 4* (after like 15 tries with various boosts wasted in the middle of trying to beat Galactus, ugh!)

I am now in a similar spot I was in a year and a half ago except then it was 2*-3*. I ended up with TONS of iso just waiting for me to have 3* covers so I could move people up levels. At one point I even wasted a bunch on regular tokens just to try out for some 3* covers.

The point is- tokens are a spin of the roulette wheel. Going in expecting something you need is a disappointing way to open them. I've twice now saved up 30 DDQ tokens- the first time I scored a legendary token- the 2nd time I got jack squat.

The problem I have is this- in my previous position- I could place top 100 and keep getting 3* covers to help me transition rather than waiting on tokens to randomly help me out. Now that means top 1 position, or grinding so hard to get the legendary progression. And not that it's anyone's problem- but I'm a 35 year old office worker who doesn't have time to grind every PVE node 4 times per refresh. So the going is slow. And no new 3* characters have shown up in forever because now people only car about 4 and 5.

The game is just difficult to play at these later stages without being a hardcore grinder. I used to be in a top 100 alliance but I had to bow out because I wasn't pulling enough weight when there were all these new 4*'s coming out and everyone was going insane to place high enough to get them.

It's just not as fun anymore when I am grinding for a random chance from a token. Especially when I have so far to go with most of these 4* covers. (you can see my roster here if you're interested- http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/ddvrom/)

I know the recent changes and legendary tokens have made it easier to get 4* characters- but it's still not that easy. And with the 3* roster of characters seemingly stalled while 4* and 5* land are filled out, it kinda stinks right now.

Any who... just whining.

For the early 4* transition, the PVP cover at 1000 is the best bet, and is pretty reliable. With a work schedule, just play as you can for two days, and then on the last half day, use all your health packs to make a strong push. 1000 is achievable with 3*'s, sometimes without any shields, but might take 1 or 2. But that's a small price to pay for the prize (plus you get as much or more HP back). And at the 4* progression, there's really nothing else to spend HP on.