Something needs to be changed about MMR and Bracketing.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So this is getting pretty ridiculous. My entire top 10 looks like this:
qrTqNIql.jpg

They are never getting attacked or challenged because they are in the lowest of the low of MMR and I'm sure they are getting all seed teams and or people with only 1 or 2 covers in the battle (remember those days?) All the while I am stuck here with maxed everyone in all of my battles. Every match I lose at least one guy and can only play for maybe 10 min before I am out of Health packs. Something needs to be changed / explained as to how exactly MMR is calculated because this is getting stupid. At the very least the brackets need to be changed to be more even in terms of MMR instead of just when you joined so you aren't stuck trying to beat these newbies who get free rides for every tournament!

Comments

• In Blind justice? I just looked too, sitting at #18 with 400 pts, above me 1 evolved, maybe 2-3 rosters with 85s the rest with just maxed *s.

But it's really early and a lousy tournament to start with. Very little fighting yet.

What I was shocked yesterday that such rosters managed to climbed in top10 in last hours when people fought for blue spiderman. What like this, the guy had a lvl22 Wolverine only.

If matches are granted by MMR so should be the brackets, mixing that up is excatly like the last PvE: some was facing 230s and could not get past the second battle while the starters harvested points by thousands on lvl 10 hammers. A new definition of "fair competition".
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pfff
    That screenshot is biased and not representative of top 10 finishers in most PvP brackets

Since almost everyone with a roster like that has already racked up 5+ **** covers over the past two weeks
    icon_e_sad.gif(((((((
  • How does someone not have a maxed Ares? Covers, not levels, you might just not like him. The Hunt rotated the colors, and everything. It is weird what you end up assuming "everyone" has with the blinkers MMR puts on you.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    How does someone not have a maxed Ares? Covers, not levels, you might just not like him. The Hunt rotated the colors, and everything. It is weird what you end up assuming "everyone" has with the blinkers MMR puts on you.

I re-read this post 4 times and I still can't figure out what on earth you're responding to
  • Puritas wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    How does someone not have a maxed Ares? Covers, not levels, you might just not like him. The Hunt rotated the colors, and everything. It is weird what you end up assuming "everyone" has with the blinkers MMR puts on you.

I re-read this post 4 times and I still can't figure out what on earth you're responding to

lolz
  • Puritas wrote:
    The picture. Ares in that screenshot has 10 covers of 13. Player obviously played The Hunt: Ares in order to have those, but I thought everyone who played The Hunt: Ares had a maxed Ares because Demiurge wanted him in place as 2* Captain Spike Damage before funbalancing Thor and made it very easy to get one. It's illustrative of how seeing only people within a certain MMR range distorts your idea of what everyone else is using. Much like all the gnarled vets were all "grumble, grumble, not more bloody Punishers" a few tournaments back, and look! this person has one.
    sms4002 wrote:
    At the very least the brackets need to be changed to be more even in terms of MMR
    Please explain how you think that would help. If everyone at the highest MMR is bracketed together, 9% of those people get at least one 3* and most get a few standard tokens.
    instead of just when you joined so you aren't stuck trying to beat these newbies who get free rides for every tournament!
    Where did your roster come from? I have a few X-Forces, a couple Bag Ladies and various viable or almost viable 3*s, principally from riding Thorverine, boosts and broken shields like they were going out of fashion. It was a really easy ride.

Top of my Angry Blind Catholic Lawyer bracket's at 700-odd unshielded with a few 2*s in the 50s. I think everyone's accustomed by now. They look to've done something odd to the "per event" part of the rating that was supposed to be getting so much weight - used to be you just couldn't get up to that kind of rating with a cack roster because the system would start showing you to people with real teams and letting them eat you. Demiurge knows who's placing where. They have data! Either this is how they want it to work now, or their match-making is fubar and about to change yet again.
  • If it were up to me, I'd remove MMR entirely. If a 1-star team got 800 points, he should be allowed to get attacked by 3-star teams with the same points. With proper shielding tactics, a low level team can still attain a good placing. I don't think they should have it handed to them for free.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    The picture. Ares in that screenshot has 10 covers of 13. Player obviously played The Hunt: Ares in order to have those, but I thought everyone who played The Hunt: Ares had a maxed Ares because Demiurge wanted him in place as 2* Captain Spike Damage before funbalancing Thor and made it very easy to get one. It's illustrative of how seeing only people within a certain MMR range distorts your idea of what everyone else is using. Much like all the gnarled vets were all "grumble, grumble, not more bloody Punishers" a few tournaments back, and look! this person has one.
    sms4002 wrote:
    At the very least the brackets need to be changed to be more even in terms of MMR
    Please explain how you think that would help. If everyone at the highest MMR is bracketed together, 9% of those people get at least one 3* and most get a few standard tokens.
    instead of just when you joined so you aren't stuck trying to beat these newbies who get free rides for every tournament!
    Where did your roster come from? I have a few X-Forces, a couple Bag Ladies and various viable or almost viable 3*s, principally from riding Thorverine, boosts and broken shields like they were going out of fashion. It was a really easy ride.

Top of my Angry Blind Catholic Lawyer bracket's at 700-odd unshielded with a few 2*s in the 50s. I think everyone's accustomed by now. They look to've done something odd to the "per event" part of the rating that was supposed to be getting so much weight - used to be you just couldn't get up to that kind of rating with a cack roster because the system would start showing you to people with real teams and letting them eat you. Demiurge knows who's placing where. They have data! Either this is how they want it to work now, or their match-making is fubar and about to change yet again.

...I... understand all of the words individually, but not after they're joined together.
    I kinda understand what being dyslexic must be like now
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:

I missed out on a day of the Hunt, so my Ares is at 4/3/5 - which isn't actually crippling, even if I played him.