Why are ISO costs fluctuating so much?

UNC_Samurai
UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
(Edit)

Don't mind me, months of work was completely pointless because I can't read a stupid display correctly.

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    none.png weird. none.png
  • It's strange that you're seeing that. All of my well-covered characters have been at 114 for weeks, and have needed 100439 to go to 166- I haven't seen that change at any point. icon_question.gif
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    So just going off the beginning prof X example, is the 132,322 you're seeing to "max it" still taking it to level 229 or is it taking it to a higher level now?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Judging by your numbers your earlier "amounts to max" were not actually to max, but to some other level number you just didn't notice. 81305 and 82369 are very close together, that suggests to me that you had very little iso at the time, and the game shows you how high you can level your char with your current iso + buying some amount of iso (Thought it was mother lode, but at 78k, some of these numbers don't look right so not sure and can't check for me cause i'm sitting on lots of iso atm). Looking at some of the other numbers you provide suggests the same thing to me. 120 to 166 for 3* is 97044, 130 to 166 for 3* is 81715, 140 to 166 for 3* is 61610. Never do you show numbers higher than this, so I think this is the phenomenon you are seeing.

Next time be sure you check that the purple button actually shows the level cap, and not just whatever you can reach with current iso + purchase.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with what everyone else has said. I have set levels that I stick to for all my roster at different tiers. Don't have any uncovered 1*s to check, but all the rest from 2* to 4* still need the same amount of iso to max.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Two reasons: 1- you have more is this week. The numbers you were getting before were not to max your characters, but to get to the highest you can with your is plus mother lode.
    2 - depending on when this was noticed. The mother lode has been overvalued this week due to the sale, so it will show a higher number still. You won't get actual iso values left to max until a 3* is roughly level 130-135. 4* not sure. The costs didn't go up, you're just iso-rich right now
  • UNC_Samurai
    For everyone who is mentioning that the values are different because the highest level achievable is different - no, I only pulled data for the characters who had full covers. All of the 3* data was to level the characters to 166. Both PX and Carnage have not had any cover changes in this timeframe, either. I made sure to rule that out.

Let's take Squirrel Girl as an example, because I haven't touched that character in terms of ISO or covers in months. Why would the amount of ISO it takes to level her to 166 go up, then down, then up again, then down again?
  • UNC_Samurai
    Agree with what everyone else has said. I have set levels that I stick to for all my roster at different tiers. Don't have any uncovered 1*s to check, but all the rest from 2* to 4* still need the same amount of iso to max.

The numbers for characters at the same level are consistent on the same day, but those numbers have gone up and down. If it suddenly costed an extra 30k to level one of the characters at 120 to 166, they all reflected that change.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler

Hulk, @ 120, at different times needed 97044, 76653, 97044, 79139 to hit 166.

How did you get those numbers?
  • dr tinykittylove
    For everyone who is mentioning that the values are different because the highest level achievable is different - no, I only pulled data for the characters who had full covers. All of the 3* data was to level the characters to 166. Both PX and Carnage have not had any cover changes in this timeframe, either. I made sure to rule that out.

Let's take Squirrel Girl as an example, because I haven't touched that character in terms of ISO or covers in months. Why would the amount of ISO it takes to level her to 166 go up, then down, then up again, then down again?

It's not that the level cap changed. The max button only works if you really have enough iso to take the character to max - eg i needed 54k to level 2* cap from 50 to 94.

If you don't have enough to max squirrel girl even by buying a motherlode, then it shows the maximum level you can raise her to with what you have + motherlode, eg my kingpin at level 155 needs 320k to max, but if I only have 2k iso, it will show a cap of whatever level I can take him to with 78k+2k iso. If I have 100k iso, it shows the level I can hit with 178k iso.

Look at the level in the max button, then spend some iso on another character and go back to see. The amount of iso needed will drop, but so will the max level you can reach.
  • dr tinykittylove

The numbers for characters at the same level are consistent on the same day, but those numbers have gone up and down. If it suddenly costed an extra 30k to level one of the characters at 120 to 166, they all reflected that change.

I have had most of my roster at the same level for a few seasons. They have not changed in iso cost to max in all that time.
  • UNC_Samurai

It's not that the level cap changed. The max button only works if you really have enough iso to take the character to max - eg i needed 54k to level 2* cap from 50 to 94.

If you don't have enough to max squirrel girl even by buying a motherlode, then it shows the maximum level you can raise her to with what you have + motherlode, eg my kingpin at level 155 needs 320k to max, but if I only have 2k iso, it will show a cap of whatever level I can take him to with 78k+2k iso. If I have 100k iso, it shows the level I can hit with 178k iso.

Look at the level in the max button, then spend some iso on another character and go back to see. The amount of iso needed will drop, but so will the max level you can reach.

I'm flabbergasted. In almost a year of tracking my roster, I never noticed this. Wow, I feel dumb...and a little angry. What a completely effing worthless display. I'd rather see how much I need to fully level a character, that's a load of garbage.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor

I'm flabbergasted. In almost a year of tracking my roster, I never noticed this. Wow, I feel dumb...and a little angry. What a completely effing worthless display. I'd rather see how much I need to fully level a character, that's a load of garbage.

There are quite a few handy spreadsheets available in the tips forum, as well as iso charts that will give you that information.
    The button just shows you hire high you could go with your iso plus an iso purchase if needed.