Award a cover of the headline act in their pve/pvp events

Crowl
Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
In the Hulk pve event you have the mission 'a new ally' that awards a green hulk cover, more events should do the same thing e.g. Thick as Thieves having one mission with a Hood cover or Meet Rocket & Groot having one that awards one of their covers to further build on the overall theme of an event.

Pvp events could do something similar and include a thematically appropriate cover as a progression reward.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sorta like the progression awards being the essentials.. but i do wish they would add the 4* essential before the legendary token!
  • The Prologue did this pretty well, honestly.

The Prologue also did it with 2* covers, though.

admittedly, the Hulk one was a liiiiittle too easy. It was a "Here have the feature allys" fight, and was also how I was able to get a 3* to carry my team at like, day 3 playing. (I had some pretty good timing.) It'd probably be better served handed out as the last mission in the previous node, I'd think.

The Prodigal Sun event, which was all about recruiting The Sentry to the Dark Avengers, ending with him finally joining for good (with a pretty tough final node to go with it) was pretty satisfying.

Hulk and Prodigal Sun were pretty cool, but both events were ABOUT recruiting a character so it made a ton of sense to get said character as a result, compared to Meet Rocket & Groot which ends with them heading back home, and Deadpool vs MPQ, which ends with Deadpool backstabbing the player and trying to take all the Iso-8 for himself.

I do think there should be more of this, although doesn't have to be all 3* and up.

The Iso-8 Brotherhood loaner node should give you a MN!Magneto cover. Because he's joining your team then and all.

I THINK in one of the early nodes of Unstable Iso-8 is where you first meet Moonstone, so giving out a Moonstone cover for the hardest node there would be pretty sweet.

I know most people on the forum don't want to get more 2**s, though, so they probably would rather have some better stuff. icon_razz.gif