Bug or intended? Losing on a PvE node removes stack?

Chirus
Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
If memory serves right, in the past, if I lose on a PvE node, the only thing I lost was time and some health packs. In this event and the one previous to it, however, if I lose on a node, it removes a stack and I have to wait 8 hours to attempt it again with full points, in addition to not receiving points (which of course, I shouldn't because I lost), but the double whammy hits pretty hard since it sets you back significantly for a single wipe. This wasn't always the case was it?

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Chirus wrote:
    If memory serves right, in the past, if I lose on a PvE node, the only thing I lost was time and some health packs. In this event and the one previous to it, however, if I lose on a node, it removes a stack and I have to wait 8 hours to attempt it again with full points, in addition to not receiving points (which of course, I shouldn't because I lost), but the double whammy hits pretty hard since it sets you back significantly for a single wipe. This wasn't always the case was it?

I'm worried that this might be a change to address the force quit technique on Galactus.

If so, that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater in a huge way, because this would be a terrible change for ordinary PvEs.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:

Yikes if that bug is consistent then that flushes placement rewards for lower rosters all the way down the toilet.
    Hopefully its a one time bug.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    That flushes placement down the drain, period. Now a wipe vs lvl 395 juggs/hood/ares not only means you're out health packs, but you also have little to no chance of catching the guy in your bracket that got a good board and didn't wipe? Are you friggin kidding me with this??

Sincerely hope this is a glitch. We're already punished enough for losing to the over scaled AI in this game...
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Are you referring to simulator? I've wiped a few times on the SW/ Iceman/ Thing node but the timer is sub 8 hours after 1 clear.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:

The only thing you should lose is time that you spent playing and healthpacks to heal your team. It definitely shouldn't add 8 hrs to your timer for losing. That has never been the case with PVE. If it does, you really are only losing 1/6 the value of a full clear for that node, but it still shouldn't happen. That 1/6 doesn't really matter, but that's not the point.

The only way that 8 hrs should get added to your timer, is if you win the node. You get 8 hrs to the timer, and the value of the node goes down 1/6 of a full node's value. If you lose, the only thing that should happen, if the node isn't FULL for points, is that it's worth more point(s) due to the pts that regen'd while you were in the match and the countdown should be lower, not higher.
  • Chirus
    Yeah I was concerned that this was only happening to me. The only thing I can give of this time are screenshots of the node in question. I hope this is sufficient to convince that this is an actual thing, but unfortunately, I can't reproduce this same error right now. I've done screenshots of this at two different times to hopefully prove I'm not making this up (or that I simply beat the node and am giving you screenshots in retroactive order to simply make an unnecessary scene/troll). I wish I could bring better details on what causes this particular bug, but now it won't add the time to the node for retreating or dying. sigh... anyway here's what I see on my phone currently.

2015-10-13_0130.png2015-10-13_0133.png

2015-10-13_0135.png2015-10-13_0135.png

You should be able to cross-check the times between each pair of screenshots with time remaining for the event, and time remaining for the node to refresh. As you can see, this problem node also happens to be the last node I've unlocked, but is not the last unlockable node. Meaning, I did not beat the node, despite there being a stack removed from it. I'm a sad lonely panda...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    Yeah I was concerned that this was only happening to me. The only thing I can give of this time are screenshots of the node in question. I hope this is sufficient to convince that this is an actual thing, but unfortunately, I can't reproduce this same error right now. I've done screenshots of this at two different times to hopefully prove I'm not making this up (or that I simply beat the node and am giving you screenshots in retroactive order to simply make an unnecessary scene/troll). I wish I could bring better details on what causes this particular bug, but now it won't add the time to the node for retreating or dying. sigh... anyway here's what I see on my phone currently.

You should be able to cross-check the times between each pair of screenshots with time remaining for the event, and time remaining for the node to refresh. As you can see, this problem node also happens to be the last node I've unlocked, but is not the last unlockable node. Meaning, I did not beat the node, despite there being a stack removed from it. I'm a sad lonely panda...

Plenty of evidence in the pic proves there's something wrong. No replay circle on the node means you did not complete it, so there should be no timer. It should be FULL. The nodes on the right, have the replay circle, meaning you've beat it at least once, but you haven't got the 4/4 drop rewards. If you got the 4/4, you'd have a green check mark.
  • Chirus
    OJSP wrote:
    Chirus wrote:
    I wish I could bring better details on what causes this particular bug, but now it won't add the time to the node for retreating or dying. sigh...
    Sorry to hear and see what's happening here. With the screenshots, it definitely looks like a bug.

You've tried dying.. but, is it possible that Sentry did a suicidal attack that downed your characters and the AI's?

I wonder, instead of considering this situation a win and awarding you/us the points like it used to, the game now considers that as our loss so we don't get the points, but for some reason still trigger the timer and the points degradation.

Nah, that didn't happen. I just died because i was using a hurt team, no suicide here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    The 200 pt simulator prep node just gave me 167 instead of 200, despite me only ever hitting it once and then sleeping for 8 hours. It's now sitting on 167 with an 8 hour reset, but there's definitely something wrong with that...
  • Watch this thread get moved to the bugs section.

In 3, 2, 1....
  • Chirus
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Watch this thread get moved to the bugs section.

In 3, 2, 1....

Where it will be forever lost and never again discussed or brought to light...lol making me a doubly sad panda.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that's a bug because my simulator is behaving exactly like every PVE in the past.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Watch this thread get moved to the bugs section.

In 3, 2, 1....
    We have liftoff!
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    lukewin wrote:

The only thing you should lose is time that you spent playing and healthpacks to heal your team. It definitely shouldn't add 8 hrs to your timer for losing. That has never been the case with PVE. If it does, you really are only losing 1/6 the value of a full clear for that node, but it still shouldn't happen. That 1/6 doesn't really matter, but that's not the point.

FWIW, assuming you play optimally, it doesn't just cost you 1/6, it costs that each time you clear it after that, or a full clear of the node if you wait the extra 8 hours on it.