Don't make 4* Cyclops an essential for the 2nd Galactus run

AnonymousMPQ
AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Pretty Please?

Comments

• Unless it's like the 3* Torch nodes which were the exception to the rest of them, it's possible that 3 or 4* Cyclops would be usable in a Cyclops node.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I strongly agree with just making cyclops essential after the ridiculousness that was rounds 6-8

Our alliance made it to 6 no problem and then barely dented him in round 6 as he won most fights in 2 rounds
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Cyclops being Essential would also be unfair, since people, at most, only have 1, 2 or 3 covers unless they bought some or got lucky with token pulls. That's worse than a loaner with 1/1/1. Would make Essential matches a 2 on 3 or however many, esp with wave nodes, with Cyclops likely to go down, and really serving no purpose other than as a ticket to admission to the match.

This is already the case in PVEs following regular new 4* character release, but you could have won up to 5 covers, in 3 colors, in that case. And those are normal PVEs. Galactus Hungers is a lot more difficult.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Well, 4-star Cyclops is the essential in the Simulator, which gives out Reed, so I assume Reed would be the essential?
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Alliances like mine that didn't finish round 6 (we barely got to it) probably won't bother to play the 2nd round anyway, unless it's tuned so that our 2*/2-3* transition members can actually meaningfully contribute to rounds 5-6. We went from alliance-wide participation to burnout (and frustration of the minority whose rosters could handle rounds 5-6) really quickly the first run.

Of course, if they rebalance it so getting to the 1st cover reward is attainable for closer to average alliances (we're top 250, usually), then by all means, don't effectively lock us out based on the difficulty of the first run!